Sign in to follow this  

FS2K4 problem

More scenery questions about 2k4My airfield scenery for 2k2 does not show in 2k4.It shows on the scenery listing, but it does not appear on the screen. Any ideas?"...with a tin cup for a chalice..."

Guest MikeEppright

If your scenery has an exclude file it excludes everything including installed scenery within the exclude zone.

OK, if I remove that, will the FS know to replace the default scenery with the new?"...with a tin cup for a chalice..."

Guest Cazador

Dear Friend:I have installed my FS2k2 scenery created with ASD2.1 and exclude files and i see my scenery OK.The onkly problem if the new FS2004 AFD.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima PEru

Guest Reddog

I,ve installed to different sets of scenery. Both are in the sim but I can't start from them because they are not listed in the Got to Airport listing and also don't show on the Map, if I takeoff from an other airport and fly to there both sceneries are there.Why aren't they show in the list or on the map?? Any ideas anyone. Thanks.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/551867.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

That depends a bit on how the scenery has been made. If there is an AFD file with the airport you should see it in the list. If the older menu commands are still used you must first select the option (there is a button at the bottom of the menu) "Search add-on scenery". I think you will see your scenery there.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>That depends a bit on how the scenery has been made. If there>is an AFD file with the airport you should see it in the list.>If the older menu commands are still used you must first>select the option (there is a button at the bottom of the>menu) "Search add-on scenery". I think you will see your>scenery there.Yes there was an AFD file with the original scenery. It showed up fine on the list in 2k2, but just not in 2k4. As an update, the airfield DOES appear, but some of the macros do not. I guess this is to be expected until someone develops 2k4 macros.

I have read about more AFD problems, so maybe that is the cause. In my sceneries I don't use those AFD files (still the old menu commands), so I haven't noticed such problems.Also all my macros work correct. So I think you must have another problem with those macros. All scenery that has been made according to the Fs2002 scenery SDK should still work correct (and for my sceneries it also does).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Don't feel bad. I lost 3 airports and about 280 sq miles of photo real ground textures that I did with terrabuilder. It is completely gone. I have tried flatten commands and exclude commands. Nothing is working. The buildings are there but they were done in Airport. They are. I went from this http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26709.jpg to thishttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26713.jpg I have asked Misho for help. I used a really old version of Terrabuilder to do it. I don't understand how to use the newer INF and TMF file set up. For one this I didn't use DEM info. I just made a flatten surface under it at 0 ft. The exlcude all the area scenery. I placed the tiles using the photowizard part about 4 meters above. I edited the .sca file altitude from 0 to 4. I then compiled it in scasm running. It worked fine for FS2000 and 2002. Now I have this problem. I hate to say it but we are in the same boat. Maybe there is a solution someone can give us.

If you used a old TerraBuilder then I think you were still using the SCASM TexRelief command. In the Fs2000 scenery SDK it was written that this command will not be supported after Fs2000. So I think you can only be happy that it did still work in Fs2002 (there are more examples of commands that are officially obsolete after Fs2000, but still work) and I guess it is time now to move to the new Fs2000 style mesh with custom textures.

Arno

I have gone through the stuff in the SDK. I cant get it to go far enough to make a bgl. Hell I can't even get a TMF file created. I got the INF file but I don't know if it is right or not. I don't use the DEM maps for the area I am working on. I can't get the stuff to "gel". The way I have that scenery is if you use the Delorme Map program you can place the coord. in the flight sim and you will be right over that intersection in the road. I am using 1 meter res stuff. I don't want to go back and have to spend a year redoing everything in the county.

Guest JohnC

I don't understand why you say you "lost" it.....do you have the BGL's and textures in the FS2k4 addon scenery folder and they don't show up?Nice looking photoreal stuff, BTW.....if you've got all the original BMP's you should be able to recover.....

The bgls for the buildings you see are in the same folder as the ground stuff. No there are not in the Fs2004 add on folder they are still in the 2002 folder. I put a flatten command in the 2004 scenery cfg file. It works fine. So I don't under stand why they aren't showing up unless that format is not longer being hanndled. I was using the old texrelief method and it has work fine for awhile. I just cant get the new way to work. I have followed the 2k2 SDK on custom terrian. Like I said before I don't use the DEM stuff because it isn't correct for that area. I have to manual have to put in the elevation points to get it correct. If some one would be nice to explain from open Terrabuilder lite to the making of the bgl in the new format it would be a great help.

Guest JohnC

If they are not in the FS2004 addon folder, or somewhere in the FS2004 stack, there is no way the FS2004 program can display them.Put the bgls for the buildings and the terrain in the FS2004 addon scenery "scenery" folder and put all the textures with the long numerical names in the texture folder, directly the same as you had for FS2002 and let us know what you get. I will try the same here and let you know.