Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottR

Ground 2K Landclass in two LOD5 areas

Guest ScottR

I have a project that covers an LOD5 line (shows up as a red line in G2K). When I try to change the landclass in areas on both sides of the line, I get two LCxxx_yyy.raw files (with names related to the respective LOD5 areas) instead of one, but only one FicRaw.Raw and one TmpLC.inf. Using Dick's (rhumbaflappy's) batch file (see post "Ground2K-Landclass??) to generate the bgls, I tried using the same Fic and TmpLC files with each of the LCxxx_yyy.raw files in turn and end up with two bgls, but when viewed in FS2002, the landclass doesn't change in either of the LOD5 areas. It all works fine if the landclass is only changed in one LOD5 area and you only end up with one LCxxx_yyy.raw file. I guess that I have to change something in the TmpLC.inf file. Can anyone help?

Hi ScottR.I'm not sure what the problem is, but there might be a simple solution.You could generate a landclass bgl for one LOD5 area, then save the BGL to a different location with a different name... then restart Ground2K, and save the other LOD5 area.This assumes you can't get both BGLs at a time.or you could use the SaveAs for the LWM, and alter some of the file properties of the copy to handle things on the 'other' LOD5 Area... treating the scenery as 2 separate projects, in 2 different folders. You can use the same bitmap background... just split the whole project in two at the LOD5 line.I haven't had this problem because I got used to splitting my sceneries at the LOD8 borders. It doesn't matter to FS2002 how many BGLs you have , and if the BGL names are different for the LWM file, then they can go into the same folder and not overwrite each other in the Ground2k process.Dick

Guest ScottR

Thanks Dick. Good advice. I'll try two separate projects which should work OK.Regards