Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Where can I find US Air Textures?

I have 737-400 Erj-145 A320-200 A330-300 Dash8-100 This is all I have been able to find. Any US Airways fans out there who can help me out here? Thank you very much!!

Guest 727Fan

You have most of them. There's a POSKY B767 US Air. But beware using them as AI aircraft. They crash on approach and disappear when given take-off clearance.Rick

They don't on my system if you use POSKY v2 gear contact points and default 777 airfile and increase elevator_trim_effectiveness to 2.0. If you're interested in USAirways aircraft not for AI purposes there is also a nice Metrojet 737-200 by Terry Gaff and a repaint of the Ariane 737-300 in the old US Air colors here in the avsim library. Misha

Guest 727Fan

Misha, where can I get the POSKY V2 gear points? And I really don't know how to use a default airfile. I've tried pasting one over the airfile I want to replace, but the aircraft then doesn't show. I know I'm missing doing something, but I don't know what.Can you help me?ThanksRick

To get the POSKY v.2 gear contact points simply install one of the older version 2 POSKY 767-300s and load it in FS. Then exit FS and open the aircraft.cfg of that older 767. Find the gear contact points section and copy it into the v3 767 aircraft.cfg. To get an aircraft to use a different airfile than the one that came with it you have to edit the line that says sim= in the aircraft.cfg. What ever comes after the = sign has to exactly match in spelling the name of the airfile minus the .air extension. NB: The above is not a complete fix for the 767 as AI. Approach behavior is still not very reliable. But it will sit properly on the tarmac and takeoff as it should. Sometimes it stalls on final and then rolls through a couple of villages before reaching the runway. Misha

Guest 727Fan

Thanks Misha. I'll practice with the .cfg file and airfile as you suggest.I guess I'm just disappointed the very pretty B767s are unusable as AI. They make a nice counter-point in design and presence to the A-330s. And I haven't had a problem (so far) with the A330s as AI.Rick