Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

scasm exclusion code help

Guest sapper42

Hi all, im slowly getting my head around scasm code and thks to a post by bob5569 i have managed to create an exclusion BGL to remove an object in an addon software ( payware ) i have installed as it is incorrect but i do not know how to create the BGL file without having to place it in a scenery folder at a higher priority than the Orig addon scenery, i have NOT modified any code from the addon scenery that i am trying to eliminate.can someone please advise me of the code syntax to create the Exclusion BGL file that will work at any scenery priority level or does it allways havto be at a higher priority, i have read the scasm notes often and cannot see the wood for the trees if the answer is there .thks & rgds Jeff

You must always place the exclude in another scenery area then the scenery you want to exclude. Normally you will place it with a new scenery, so that it excludes all older scenery of the same area. If you only want to exclude some objects and not replace it, I think it is correct to place it in a new area and only place the excludes there.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest sapper42

Thanks Arno, i wasnt sure if i was chasing my tail or not, you saved me a lot of time :0)rgds Jeff

Guest JohnC

A suggestion.......If you use FSSC by Derek Leung you can create very complex exclude areas without a lot of typing, by drawing a polygon on a background image.

Guest sapper42

Thks John, got it sorted, use notepad to tweak what i want or do the code from scratch, found a good example the other day in the forum and it works a treat, allso use FSSC, not a bad program either :0)but learning scasm is kind of fun !rgds Jeff