Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Excludes in FS2004

Guest GabrielR

Has anyone been succesful in doing (not Exporting from FS2k2) a Exclude BGL? if so, how?My little knoledge only allows me to exclude using SCASM, but this does not work anymore in FS2004.Thanks in advance

Guest MikeEppright

Using "Airport for Windows", exclude files still work only now not only is default scenery gone but any new scenery inside the exclude boundaries is also gone! I've tried moving exclude files to different scenery dir and then giving exclude files a lower priority with no progress.:-(

>scasm excludes work just fine for me. odd, eh?Same here: scasm exclude bgl files work fine, like in the sim previous version.Rainer--------------www.tradewind.org

Hi all.BGL exclude code is the same for FS2004, and behaves exactly the same as FS2002. It doesn't matter if it is coded in SCASM or BGLC.It will exclude all scenery that is beneath it in the Scenery Library stack, and will not exclude objects in the same scenery folder.Dick

Guest GabrielR

ok, I dont know why it does not work for me, Please go to KTEX and check the little "bug" in the middle of the Rwy, I have tried to exclude it but no success so far.

you must have done something wrong with your code...I just wrote a quick file, and the blockhouse was excluded just as I'd expect.here is the scasm I wrote:Header( 1 37:57.34:0 37:57.33:0 -107:55.03:0 -107:55.04:0 )Exclude( 01 37:57.34:0 37:57.33:0 -107:55.03:0 -107:55.04:0 )and the images show the results.

Who order that little building there? :DI made an exclude with FSSC and in the second attempt it was gone. First I made a small exclude of 20x20 meters, when I made it a bit bigger it was gone (I think the RefPoint might be somewhere away from the middle). But it is possible to exclude it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GabrielR

Thanks Bob! I was definetly doing things wrong.Would you mind if I Upload this to the Library with your name as the author?Please let me know if you prefer to do it yourself its ok with me.Thanks again.

Guest MikeEppright

Gabriel,I've found that excludes that worked fine in '02 at MKC don't work the same in '04. I read some hints from others in this thread and then established an independent directory for exclude files, added it to the scenery lib and gave it a lower priority. Seems to work. Only drag is that Airport creates the exclude files in same directory as other bgl files so you have to manually cut and paste exclude files to exclude dir. Somewhat of a pain but it works.

G, please feel free to use that file however you want! Credit is not important..its just a matter of folks on the board helping other folks on the board.Best,Bob Bernstein

Guest GabrielR

mmm that's quite interesting isn't it?

I still think it sounds weird :), I have seen no different behaviour until now.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno.I don't think there is any difference in excludes for FS2004.However, some of the excludes of our old sceneries might not work, as the refpoints of FS2004 objects have changed in some cases, and that might lead some designers to assume excludes no longer work.Dick