Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

FS2004 Excludes Of Roads - Layer #6

In Ground2K, and possibly other programs, the new road exclude layer for FS2004 is six(6). Have not yet determined if the other items also have moved to a new layer. Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick.It seems the design team has found a new way to torture us. ;)I wouldn't be surprised to find there are different excludes for each type of road! There are 101 layers to work with ( 0-100 )... and even that may have been increased for all we know.I'm hoping there is an LWM flatten exclude that will restore mesh. The FS2004 team is well aware of that need, but I don't know if it has been coded into FS2004.I'll be playing with this as well, so maybe we can have a VTP exclude list in a day or two.For now, we may find the streams, shores, roads, rails, and APB's are "packed" into layers 4-10. If they only used 5 or 6 types, there is no need for them to use the whole spectrum of numbers. We just need to play hide-n-seek until we find the layers used... hopefully there is a pattern to their ways.*:-*Meanwhile, we can stick to the conventions we have used, and keep our types separated as the SDK has indicated.Dick