Sign in to follow this  

Excluding FS2004 Navaids

No matter if the exclude is compiled in a bgl or written in the scenery.cfg, Navaids like ILS are not being excluded. This seems to be happening at all sceneries that by chance don't have their runways matching the default ones. Is it just me or can someone confirm this problem? Any solutions?

I think you are correct. I got a report back from a tester of my scenery that the ILS was misplaced. I have looked into it now and it seems that it is the default ILS that you are receiving. While in Fs2002 this ILS was excluded properly.I am not sure, but I think the ILS information is only in the AFD format in Fs2004, so maybe that is why we can't exclude it (can anybody else confirm this?). So I think we must wait for a little bid more information before we can solve this (SDK or new AFCAD or so).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno. I was getting nuts trying to figure this out, but it makes sense now when the default data is in the AFD. Placing custom ILSs still works, they just seem to get ignored when they use the same frequency. Setting them to a different frequency temporarily solves the problem.