Sign in to follow this  

AFD

Is there a way to enter a new airport into the AFD of FS9? I am importing some scenery I made for FS2K2 into FS9. the scenery shows up fine, but the airport doesn't show up in the Got To Airport menu. I am assuming the old AFD.bgl file isn't working in FS9.Thanks.Dave Spurlock

Hi Dave.The airports in FS2004 are located in BGL files of the new type. They are the AP9*.bgl.For example, in 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNamcScenery' there is a file called "AP924160.BGL" which contains my home airfield of Lake Lawn ( C59 ).If I remove this file, the runway, and all references to Lake Lawn ( and the rest of the area's airfields ) disappear, both visually and the menu reference.So there are no more AFD bgls. As soon as we figure out the new BGL structure ( with MS's help I hope ), then we can add airfields.A little text replacement with a hex editor, and I own the airfield:Dickhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/27886.jpg

Guest PaavoP

A bit offtopic, but Lee Swordy has said, that in FS09 editing AFD data also edits the visual scenery. For example, if You move a taxiway point 15m north then in FS09 the visual taxiway has also moved.

Okay, so the bottom line is; not yet. But some smart folks are working on it.Paraphrased to make sure I understand :-)Dave Spurlock