Sign in to follow this  

CellGrid not showing up in FS2004

I have added the CellGrid scenery folder to FS2004, it is turned on and is level 1. But no grid lines show up. Anyone else have this problem?The lines show up in FS2002 so I know the BGL's are OK.Is this a 2004 problem or did I forget something??TIA:

Hi Ron.I discussed this briefly in another post. Cellgrid is based on VTP1 polys, and they are no longer supported in FS2004.So Cellgrid cannot work.Dick

Well, that would explain it!Thanks for the info.:

Hi Dick,Will you be revising CellGrid to work in FS2004?My Coast-Line-Maker relies on CellGrid to make its background maps, so before I start work on an FS2004 upgrade (OK, so I've already started!) it would be useful to know if a 2004 version of CellGrid is in the offing. If not, I'll need to look at devising an alternative (or keep FS2002 ticking over in the background) ...Many thanks!Cheers,Iain.

Guest Larry S

I was gonna ask the same question. I use cellgrid with LWMdraw, which appears to work ok? Sure hope there is a new and improved version coming.

Hi Iain.An alternative to CellGrid might be devised using VTP2 lines... I'll need a weekend to look into it. The numbering of the grids might be a problem, but the actual grid should be alright.Dick

Hi Dick,Thanks for the reply - hope the CellGrid rework goes OK.Looking at Coast-Line-Maker itself, it looks like some mods will be needed to the output files - certainly the layer number for roads has changed in FS2004, at least.I note from TERRAIN.CFG (was TERRAINTEXTURES.CFG in FS2002) that some of the extra coast textures that were only mentioned in FS2002 (e.g. white sand, black sand, rocky coast) but in reality defaulted to standard tan sand coasts now actually appear in FS2004 - though others such as harbour walls still have no custom textures and default to using other textures.It should be possible to allow these extra textures to be included using CLM - but a lot of extra work!Cheers,Iain.

Hi Iain.I have uploaded a new version of Cellgrid ( CellGrid2004 ).The actual macro is named Cell_Grid_2004.inc, but you may be renamed if desired for programs that use the existing Cell_Grid.inc. It's usage is the same as the older Cell_grid ( Cellgrid2 ).It uses VTP2 lines, and will work in FS2002 as well as FS2004. It will not work in CFS2. You may include it in your Coastline Maker package if desired. I hope it is good for your needs.Also included in the package are some tools for TDF design, including a TDFCalc2004 which uses FSUIPC in FS2004 for gathering positional data while slewing. ( I would have liked to use FSConnect2, but I couldn't figure out the Delphi functions to get it working ). TDFCalc2004 is FSUIPC registered freeware, and can be added to the unregistered version ( free ) of FSUIPC.You may also include those tools in your package if desired.Sorry, but no numbers are drawn on the ground. :(Dickhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31121.jpg

Hi all.An improved version of Cellgrid2004 is in the library.The new version cuts the number of drawn squares by half ( all the LOD13 Areas are still marked, and the whole LOD8 Cell covered). The textures are reduced to one, instead of the fulkl seasonal set.Gilles Gauthier helped me to find a better solution after he noted the load times of the first version were found to take quite a long time to load, if many cells were drawn.I'm still suspicious of FS2004's texture handling, and the way it releases scenery from memory.Dick