Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

New Library Objects

Hi all.FS2004's Autogen folder has a "default.xml" file that gives the names and GUID numbers of lots of new obects that are placed as autogen.We can place them as Library objects.Here's a CSV file that can be drag-n-dropped onto BGLC's icon:LIBRARY,"051aa12d6h,049e6ae0fh,0bc6d16a9h,002f41cd8h",N42* 37.8629',W88* 35.4133',AGL,0.00,0.00,0.00,Very Sparse,"SHADOW=1;SIGNAL=6000;RADIUS=100;SCALE=131072"The SCALE represents 0.5 ( 65536/131072 ). SIGNAL = V1. RADIUS = V2.... and the SHADOW is on.This is from the entry:gen_elevator0151aa12d649e6ae0fbc6d16a902f41cd8( I'm guessing at the RADIUS ).The same object could be placed with SCASM:Header( 1 N42:37:51.77 N42:37:51.77 W088:35:24.80 W088:35:24.80 )LatRange( N42:37:51.77 N42:37:51.77 )Area( A N42:37:51.77 W088:35:24.80 100 ) PerspectiveCall( :_object ) ShadowCall( :_object ) Jump( : ):_object RefPoint( rel :_fail 0.50 N42:37:51.77 W088:35:24.80 V1= 6000 V2= 100 ) CallLibObj( 0 51AA12D6 49E6AE0F BC6D16A9 02F41CD8 ):-Fail ReturnEndAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29032.jpgDick

Guest JR Morgan

Thanks very much for that info, Dick. I have that object in the pic you uploaded at my 'testbed' airport (KVLA). It's an ideal object for us ex-farm-boys now planting scenery :-). I sure appreciate you showing us how to get to those lib objects, especailly the SCASM'ese format.J.R

Guest christian

Thanks, Dick.This is great. I haven't done any 'research' in that direction that, but I was hoping that it would be possible. This is really great news.Cheers, Christian

Sure enough, it's an iceberg. The objects listed seem to be "special" things, like gas stations, light poles, water towers, rather than generic buildings. I noticed that many of the objects are repeated in different sections too. Does this mean that regular buildings are generated in a different way? I.e. - the same way they were in FS2002?I guess it would be fairly easy to make a graphical front end the same way MS did when they released the Special Effects SDK for FS2002. It would be nice to know what we are looking at first though. Maybe if I can motivate myself to re-learn visual basic, I'll do something about it.Thanks again for your "sleuthing", Dick.- Martinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29088.jpg

Guest GerrishGray

Hi guysFS2004 has several different types of Autogen.Trees are little changed from FS2002 and are still dealt with in much the same way, with only one 'global' set of texture sheets.There are now two sets of Autogen buildings. The new type is known as 'row houses' and use a second set of Autogen building texture sheets. The previous buildings are still there, with some changes to the texture sheets and some changes to the regional settings including new regions for the Tropics and for the Near East and some changes in Australia and New Zealand.The next new type of Autogen is the library of objects defined in ..Autogendefault.xml, designed to increase the variety of Autogen buildings etc. available, and presumably placed via the .agn files + the data in default.xml? I think we will have to wait for a new Autogen SDK with an enhanced Annotator before we learn more about this, but in the meantime we can at least use the library objects in our own scenery using the suggestions earlier in this thread - thanks guys. If a RotatedCall() is added into the calling API's, the object(s) can be oriented as required.The lamp posts, telegraph poles, etc. are added auotmatically to particular classes of VTP line - see the description and data in the last part of the terrain.cfg file. The new system for placing bridges over water also uses Autogen + VTP plus data in default.xml and Terrain.cfg.I think that the new Autogen SDK is going to be VERY interesting indeed - let's hope we don't have to wait too long for it!CheersGerrish

Thanks for this info Dick! :) This seems like a very nice way to add some extra goodies to scenery. I do have a question regarding the method used to place the library object and wondered if you might be able to enlighten me.I used your code to place a CSV and the object at the location you specified. I then changed the Lat/Lon coords to an airport I'm working on now. That worked too! :D Then I tried to choose a different library object and create a bgl for it. It would not compile through BGLC. :(I know I've got something wrong, but for the life of me I've not found the solution. I attempted to use the same format you did, entering the GUID exactly the same and changing only the GUID number. No luck. I then fiddeled around with about as many combinations of the GUID as I could, entering it as a whole single entry, commas, commas with an "h" at the end of each 8th letter, LOL, I'm driving myself nuts. ;) The Fs2002 BGL Placer doesn't seeem to be of much help with the COF Libray Objects, as it wouldn't produce anything that worked (not to say it couldn't, I just didn't get it working). I tried editing the CSV file after BGL Placer, but no luck.A search on Library Objects and such here in ther forum didn't seem to provide any clues. I'm afraid I'm not very savvy with SCASM as I've just started learning how to insert code here and there in my own sceneries.How does one actually corrrectly enter a GUID identification into the code for a CSV file? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.Best regards,Mark Smith

Hi Mark.The CSV file is just a TXT file with the extension renamed to CSV so BGLC will compile it.LIBRARY,"046f3d6cbh,043734270h,0fb89e9aeh,0a92e4638h",N42* 38.0000',W88* 35.5000',AGL,0.00,0.00,0.00,Very Sparse,"SHADOW=1;SIGNAL=6000;RADIUS=100;SCALE=131072"All on one line... don't add extra spaces."046f3d6cbh,043734270h,0fb89e9aeh,0a92e4638h" is copied from the terrain file exactly with notepad. Each GUID number is 10 characters with zero as the first and h as the last. Small-case letters. This places a telephone pole at the above lat-long. Oddly, this object won't show unless the scenery density is "Extremely Dense"! This might be due to something in the Library Object itself. ( SCASM code behaves the same way... and I think autogen must be all the way to the right to display the poles with roads ).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31209.jpgDick

Sincerest thanks Dick! :D I'll get to work making use of that info. :) Appreciate that quick reply very much. :)Mark

Yup I can only get poles to display at "full right" as well. I wounder just what the text string "very sparse" does since the poles only show up when auto gen is set to extremely dense? I will keep playing around of course! Dan