Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaavoP

LAGO's Venice & Ground2K

Guest PaavoP

Hi all!I noticed a strange thing with .bgl files of LAGO's Venice scenery. There are ven_3.bgl and ven_9.bgl among other files.I decompiled them and:ven_3.bgl - LWM polysven_9.bgl - VTP2 linesI may be wrong, but isn't it wierd that Venice scenery files names look like they had been generated using Ground2K and that they even have the same type information in them?

Hello Paavo,I believe that Christian has not established any limits on the use of his program. Very generous of him.However, if I were Lago, I would certainly offer him a free copy of the scenery.Mathijs probably does not read this forum and that is a shame. But, it would be a nice thing to do.In fact, Mathijs should probably offer me a free copy of the Venezia scenery too. Anyone else?Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis.As we discussed before, cigars and beer are my freebee of choice... they certainly used my TDFHeaders.inc and my TDFMacros.incAnd Christian Stock might want something as well, for none of this would be possible without his first efforts at solving the TDF riddle.:-beerchug I never wanted money... I would just do something foolish with it.Dick

Guest PaavoP

It's just so unfair that they didn't even credit You.

Hi PaavoP.I never asked for any credit. I intentionally made no restriction of my macro codes, either as freeware or commercialware, to encourage the development of new TDF-type sceneries... and to insure we'd have a common set of macros about which we could discuss techniques, instead of everyone coming up with different macro definitions, which might lead to some chaos.But it is nice of you to think of me, regarding this. :)Dick

How silly of me! You are absolutely right, Dick.Mathijs, please do not send the Venezia scenery. It would most likely not run on my computer anyway. (Although it is very beautiful - congratulations to the designer.)Instead, I would gladly accept local goods in trade, for example, wine (Italian beer is not very good, Dick), cheese, or a a nice Zegna suit.Best regards.Luis

I do not read all in this forum but we do scan it.Took me a few hours to find out, but it is indeed true, we used the program to correct a bit of coastline that was in the way. The license agreement allows us to do so of course.We normally do not list all tools used to create a program, that would be a rather long list:-). From text editors to 3dStudio, from small color pickers to PhotoShop, the list goes on and on. I have not seen many commercial products that list all tools used to create it. Using a tool and not mentioning it is the norm.But I would be honered to send a registration to the author of the tool. It's an excellenttool that saves us a lot of time, one of the products we would gladly pay for were it needed. So if Christian contacts me on Mathijs@lagoonline.com I'll send him a code with our compliments.Mathijs KokLAGO ConDev

>It's just so unfair that they didn't even credit You.So I should expect a simular message from MS because we used Notepad? Or from Adobe because we used PhotoShop? Or from a dozen other companies and people because we used their tools? I do not believe it is unfair. Almost every commercial scenery I know uses these kinds of tools, completely legal. And I have never seen the credits include all tools. So why should it be unfair if we do it?Mathijs KokLAGO

Hello Mathijs,Thank you for stopping in to chat.This is not the Flight Simulator General forum. We are a light-hearted bunch here and this post was really just in fun.Please do however convey congratulations to the designer - his work is outstanding, like everything else from your company.Best regards.Luis