Sign in to follow this  
arno

CAT beta released

Okay Arno, I've attached a zip of my project in gmax and with the precompiled asm and _0.asm files. The door animation should show up at PAKT if you just want to test it in FS2004.thanks,Bill

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi all,OK, new version available. This should fix the problems that longer animations suddenly jump and skip a part. Please let me know if it also worked for all of you :)http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/cat.html

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Oops! I tried the new version with my 400-frame animation (the one I attached above) and it doesnt' animate at all now... just jumps from frame 0 to frame 400. Same thing in reverse.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I got more reports like this. Think I have some more debugging to do :). I'll be back with a better version later.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Ok found it. Two small errors (with big results). Your animation now worked correct Bill. The new version is on the usual address :).

Arno

Hmmm... good news and bad new so far. The good (great, actually) news is that my test project with folding doors now exports and animates beautifully! You rule, Arno! Now for a slight but fixable downer: my actual hangar model, which has folding doors just like the example test I did will work fine until processed by CAT, but the processed conditional animation ASM file now generates dozens of syntax errors and won't compile into a bgl. I've attached a zip with the asm files for you to look at. I tried comparing it to the test model, but it looks basically the same to me. Not to bglc, though. Any idea why it won't work? Try doing the anims in CAT and then compiling and you'll see what I mean.Thanks for your patience and the time you've spent on this. It's a huge boon for the scenery community, I can tell you.

Bill Womack

OK, found it. It was due to the - in the file name. MakeMDL changes that to a _ in the label names, but I read that prefix from the file name.It's fixed now and CAT also uses the _ now. Version 0.17beta is available at thi address:http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/cat.html

Arno

Now I'm STOKED! The new version works with my 400-frame hangar door animation perfectly. Thank you! You deserve serious kudos for developing such a useful tool, and I hope everyone who's ever been interested in making their scenery more dynamic will check it out.

Bill Womack

There was still a small bug left. The rotation of your object would continue, even in the static states of the animation. Fixed in the new version (0.18).This latest beta of CAT is now available from my new site: http://www.scenerydesign.org

Arno

I have released a new version, 0.20beta. There has been a major change in the way the source is changed. The state of the animation is no longer stored in an user variable, but a local variable is used now. This means that it is not possible anymore that other objects or programs overwrite your state.This also solves the problems some people had with non working user variables (mainly in Fs2004).More info can be found here:http://www.scenerydesign.org/modules.php?n...order=0&thold=0

Arno