Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tosh

AFCAD to edit FS2004 scenery

Yes, interesting that new AFCAD.I don't think ASD will ever be able to make Fs2004 scenery. It hasn't been updated for Fs2002 either, so I think you can't expect any update now.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest bones

As Arno says, ASD is no longer being developed by Abacus. Although there is a tutorial on their web pages showing how to make scenery for FS2002 all development stopped with FS98.Even with FS2002 some of the coding in ASD does not work correctly and it becomes a nuisance to work around this.AFCAD2 looks extremely interesting..boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Guest Tosh

Hi Alfredo,In response to your question about ASD being compatible with 2004 the answer is a definitive YES. It does as good a job as most other programs and IMHO is the most feature rich , flexible and easy to use. Then agaain I have been using it for years ever since FS98 so I guess I am a bit biased. Others hate it!!Regards,Chris Wilkes

Guest Cazador

Dear Chris:In www.abacuspub.com there is an article about that ASD will be FS2004 compatible soon.I hope that beceause i have made 100 peruvian airports, and i don't want to rebuil all them.I i have to pay for the update i will do happy.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

Hi Alfredo,Where is that information on their site? I looked all over it and didn't see it... not that that means anything, 'cause it's kind of a jumble of information anyway. I'd just like to read the article you're referring to.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Ah, thanks Alfredo. Not much information there, but hopefully there will be some FS2004 scenery tools at some point soon.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest bones

Chris,Have you used ASD for FS2002 scenery. If so can you get the full complement of touchdown zone markings and fixed distance markings showing up on runways?I used ASD in FS98 and was extremely happy with it - I build about 45 UK airports with it. The same scenery was not at all happy in FS2002 and needed a lot of reworking.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Guest christian

I wouldn't really put my hopes up too high for ASD beeing FS2004 compatible. In my opinion the FS2002 compatibility statement is a joke already. You can't do any of the advanced features like AFD with ASD.I got ASD for FS2000, and already for FS2000 it was starting to lack compatibility (with terrain scenery). For FS2002, abascus released a ridiculous document describing how you can make FS2002 scenery with it. True, you still can make basic runways and some basic things, but no support for FS002 aprons, library objects, AFD, etc, etc. While I really like the user interface of ASD, I really recommend NOT to buy it (if you don't own it). I consider selling this product a rip-off. Free scenery design software usually has much more FS2002 compatible features, and hopefully AFDCAD will become the (in my opinion) much needed new power scenery designer. I anticipate that that will take a serious amount of time though. Lee Swordy wrote that the first version in October will have some basic functionality, but that more advanced things (like navaids) will be done later.In the meantime, the only way to make FS2004 scenery (and that includes things like taxiway signs) is a hex-editor.Cheers, Christian

Guest Tosh

Hi Bones>Have you used ASD for FS2002 scenery. Yes.>If so can you get the>full complement of touchdown zone markings and fixed distance>markings showing up on runways?Yes.Regards,Chris Wilkes