Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Photo terrain and coastlines

Guest Stormshadow

Thanks!Rhumba has got a neat tutorial about LWMs, puts you on the right track. www.scenery.org

Guest Stormshadow

Martin/Rhumba,I created the mask in PSP and saved it as BMP. Loaded DXTBMP, clicked on File > Load Normal Image and loaded my original BMP area. What I did then is clciked on Alpha > Import Alpha Channel and loaded my BMP saved mask. Then clicked on Alpha > Apply Alpha To Image and saved the whol thing as DXT3 with Alpha. Useless!! The transparency is substituted with a grey colour!Note that when saving the mask to BMP format in PSP, I get a warning msg that says that all layers will be merged. Is that oK?Storm

Guest Ideas

I accidently made a "Devil's Tower" that went over 99,999 feet. (I quit looking at the altitude after that)

>Note that when saving the mask to BMP format in PSP, I get a>warning msg that says that all layers will be merged. Is that>oK?No. The mask needs to be saved seperately from the image. You save the mask using "Save to Disk" under the "Masks" menu. It sounds like you are saving the entire image using the normal "Save" under the File menu.Anyway, thinking of all this has made me find a better way:After you make your mask in PSP, select "Save to Alpha Channel" under the "Mask" menu. Now save the file as a .tga file, and load it into imagetool for conversion to DXT3. PSP will warn you that the .tga format can only support one alpha channel, but that is all we need. There's a couple topics in the Help file in PSP that cover alpha channels.- Martin

Guest bones

There is also the ability to work on your bitmap directly in DXTBmp. Open your image in DXTBmp and then click on Alpha.. Create Alpha Channel (Black)..This will give you an Alpha channel at the top right which, if you have PSP set up as the default editor, you can simply double click to load and work on in PSP. Save this and exit and, back in DXTBmp, click on Refresh Alpha..boneshttp://fsaviation.net