Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ideas

FS2004 AFD Conveter?

Guest Cazador

Dear Virtual Pilots:Complete article in:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0203/century_of...ry_preview.htmlSo what about compatibility? Third-party developers will be relieved to hear that whatever works in FS2002 (i.e., adheres to SDK criteria) will work accordingly in 'A Century of Flight'. Today's scenery add-ons, and Airport Facility files can be used (a converter will be provided for FS2004's improved AFD format).When will be available the FS2004 AFD Converter, and how will work?The default Nav frequencies can be exclueded?Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

I have heard nothing about this converter. Maybe it will be part of a SDK from MS. I guess we just have to wait (probably the new AFCAD will be there earlier).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Cazador

Dear Arno:Yes, but AFCAD will be a too to make aiports from zero o edit the default FS2004 aiport.If i have created all my scenerys with ASD or Airport for windows, wil hate to rebuild all my airport, furthermore AFCAD will not aloow us to place FDSD2 macros or Gamx macros like ASD or airport.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

Guest Ideas

Actually, AFCAD will be the "Cat's Meeeow". You do your Runways, Parking and Navaids, then Use FSDSV2 to Place other "Eye-Candy" objects. I am really hoping that the MIL_CARGO and MIL_COMBAT parking will work in FS2004, FS2002 just seemed to ignore it.

Guest GabrielR

From what the reports and the very Lee Swordy himself the Cargo and Military areas do work in FS2004.Looking forward for the new version.

Guest Ideas

That is good News, now the Military Bases will remain Military. Hmmm, any hopes of Shooting down planes that violate Military Air Space?