Sign in to follow this  
arno

How do I make a Gmax object solid?

Thanks Dick, but I am a dummy, how do I use the text?Daniel

As I said, it's SCASM... just make it a text file, and drag'n'drop onto the SCASM icon. That will create the BGL.You'll need to study SCASM code a bit to use this.Give us the elevation of the surface, it's centerpoint ( where it is placed ), it's rotation, and length and width. We can make the code and/or BGL for you.Dick

Thanks Dick The elevation is 1717 feet, position is N 38 3.94 W 81 5.30, heading 237, width 48m length 3000m. I presume you have to convert the lat/long for scasm?Thanks for your help.Daniel

Hi Daniel.Bad news.The zero-height Advanced Building trick does not work properly in FS2004. :(Header( 1 N38:10 N38:0 W081.0 W081.10 )LatRange( N38:0 N38:10 ); ----------------------------------------Area( 5 N38:03.94 W81:05.30 12 ) PerspectiveCall( :_Make_Surface ) Jump( : ):_Make_Surface RefPoint( abs :_ADV_Surface_Fail 1.00 N38:03.94 W081:05.30 V1= 20000 V2= 3000 E= 524 ) RotatedCall( :_ADV_Surface 0 0 257 ) Return:_ADV_Surface AdvBldg( normal 48 3000 LEVEL1 0 0 256 256 LEVEL2 0 0 0 0 0 LEVEL3 0 0 0 0 ROOF 0 256 256 ):_ADV_Surface_Fail ReturnEndAThis works somewhat... but the rotation is offset oddly to get a 237* heading.I'll keep hacking away, but it's obvious we need a different code as the zero-height advanced buildings are not right for FS2004.Dick

Hi again Daniel.This code seems to work... it's based on Jeff's idea above:Header( 1 N38:10 N38:0 W081.0 W081.10 )LatRange( N38:0 N38:10 ); ----------------------------------------Area16( a N38:03.94 W81:05.30 12 ) Call( :_Make_Surface ) Jump( : ):_Make_Surface RefPoint( abs :_SetElevation_Surface_Fail 1.00 N38:03.94 W081:05.30 V1= 20000 V2= 3000 E= 524 ) RotatedCall( :_SetElevation_Surface 0 0 231 ) Return:_SetElevation_Surface SenseBorder( : -24 1500 24 1500 24 -1500 -24 -1500)SetElevation( 524 ):_SetElevation_Surface_Fail ReturnEndAThis can be copied to a TXT file, and drag'n'dropped onto the SCASM icon.The odd thing here is the heading is set to 231 to get it to align to 237* ( I'm assuming this has to do with the magnetic deviation somehow ).Dick

Thanks Dick!That works, although I changed the heading back to 237 to align with the bridge.Only problem is that there seems to be gaps evenly spaced along the surface, kinda 50/50 surface-gap. Wonder if I need to adjust the elevation slightly or something ( elevation perfectly matches road surface now)Anyway, better than before!Daniel

Hi Daniel.I haven't noticed the gaps. I did make a mistake with the heading... it was caused by my misunderstanding of our Shift-z Heading display ( I thought that was True heading.. but is Magnetic ).Dick

OK, I've exported the bridge with an extra poly with material for FsRegen through middleman, and opened it in fsregen. How do I make the poly hard?Thanks,Daniel

I am not sure if Middleman works (don't use it myself), but these are the steps:1. Click open and select your file2. Select the color you have given the object in the dropdown box (you probably only have one color there at the moment)3. Select landing area as type. The altitude in the parameters is an offset from the polygon you added, so probably you can leave it at 0.04. Click Process5. Save and compileThat's all :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog