Sign in to follow this  
arno

Navaids & Radios

Guest RONVKING

Hi Folks,Two questions.Does anyone know how to add navaids to FS2004, I want to add a DME to Shoreham which is, again, not modelled although its been there for years.Also I notice that the radios now go up to 136.975 now but when I tried to tune into any ATIS freqs above 136 I don't get anything and not does it appear on the ATC menu's. Is this a bug because the ATIS is listed in the GPS screens so therefore in the scenery as its all the same now.Cheers Ron

I think we have to wait for the new AFCAD to be able to change this. I have also noticed on my airport that the ILS of the default scenery is not exclude and therefore does not line up with my runway. To be able to chage this we need to change the AFD file and that is where AFCAD comes in :).If you only want to add a DME I think you should be able to do that with the tools that were there for Fs2002, that should still work.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest RONVKING

Thanks Arno, I'll give the old FS2002 stuff a try.Rgds Ron

Guest Cazador

Dear Arno:The Problem with the new AFCAD is that when we change our custom airport AFD DATA, AFCAD will generate visual scenery of our custom airport, and we will have two visual scenery, our custom aiport BGL and our custom AFD bgl (including visual scenery like runway, taxiwat, and so on).Do you have ideas to solve this future trouble?Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

That is something I have also thought about, but until the new AFCAD is there I can only guess.Maybe there is an option to not show the visual part (I can imagine that you don't want to see taxiways on an airport with a grass runway, so maybe there is an option).Another option is to just let it be there. With the exclude that your scenery has, the visual part will be excluded, just like I do now with the default scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog