Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Exclude the airport flatten in FS2004?

Hi!Is there some way to exclude the default flatten that every airport in FS2004 has? I want to create a sloped runway. The mesh isn't the problem but I don't know how to get it on this flatten. Is there no sollution for a problem that at already existed in FS2002?ThxSasa

Use TDFCALC or FS Interrogate to measure the Height of the airport LWM flatten. Calculate the Integer and the fractional heigtht. Calculate the Bytes. Then search with a hex editor the Bytes and change this to -9999meters in hex code. So the Flattenpoly ist mesh clinging.Also you can change the watrib from flatten 2 to land 1. Play with this parameters. I think this works. jobia

Sorry, I don't get it. Where do I have to search with the hex editor? In the FS2004 default BGL's?And what is "watrib"?Sasa

Guest gorchi

Hi Sasa!It is not hex editor it is a program named TDFCalc made by Richard Ludowise (or Rhumbaflappy) and You can find it in Avsim's Library. You also need FSUIPC, for FS2002 there won't be a problem, but for FS2004.. ehem. Check Pete Dowsons page, I think on www.schiratti.com.By using this utility, You can get exact position over which You fly and these information are used fro VTP and LWM scenery. Flatten of which Joachim is talking is in LWM type.Anyway, the other part of Joachim's answer is reffering to Ground 2000, also available in Avsim's library and by using this tool, You can make flatten's, FS2002 style roads, redesign beaches, rivers and so on.I hope this will help and best regards.Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

A new version of TDFCalc is avalable for FS2004 with CellGrid2004:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...wise&CatID=RootIt uses FSUIPC3+ for FS2004, and it is registered freeware, so that module will accept it's registration.I don't recommend it, but a hex editor could be used to search and change the hexcode of a default bgl.The enduring problem with LWMs is that the flattening cannot simply be excluded... a least to our current knowledge. LWM code has changed in FS2004, so maybe there is a pleasant surprise here, but we won't know until a new terrain SDK is released.However, don't blame a flatten for the problems with sloped runways... that is the fault of MS in not giving us better control of hardening and orientating surfaces. But then again, we'd need to wait for a new scenery SDK to see if that is still the case.New terrain SDK + new scenery SDK = happy scenery designers.Dick

Are you shure there's no way to create sloped runways? I tried everything. Depending to the mesh-terrain there is no posibility to create sloped runways at the moment. In former versions of FS it was possible to create sloped runways using TexRelief, but that isn't supported anymore. Is there some other way to create a hardened surface? (Maybe using gMax?)ThxSasa

Guest gorchi

Sasa,if You have only grass runway then it can be done in a little weird way (I haven't tried it but I remember the post here about this).Draw a polygon, preferably VTP one, that will resemble a runway. If You have aerial photo, then You could also use this, but I haven't tried this stuff so ask Rhumbaflappy how would this go.Now You will have something that visually resembles the runway on a slope/hill. We must harden it and for thet You can use FSSC to place Smooth under the runway (right mouse button click for Popup menu, then take a look in the menu). I would suggest YOu to place it at the lowest altitude of your runway (at fixed height maybe).Also You could try to make a bgl with invisible runway (search forum on how to do this, it's easy though) and if I remember correctly, runways without texture won't make any flattens but will harden the terrain.I wish I could help You more but really, I haven't played with this.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net