Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

Unofficial (Leaked) Matrox Parhelia Info

Guest Max Cowgill

Just saw this over at Reactor Critical, who are claiming that the info is from "sources that want to remain anonymous." Direct quote from reactor critical:"In less than two weeks we will see the rise of the Parhelion: on the 14th of May Matrox launches its new graphics processor that apparently will be called as Parhelia 512. But is the Parhelia 512 is a Parhelion? Well, we have heard from the sources that wants to remain anonymous that the chip formerly known as G1000 will support only several features of the DirectX 9. We are not sure about the things it cannot perform, nevertheless, it seems that the declared DirectX 9 support (if it is declared in the official announcement) is just a Parhelion for the users. As for the speeds of a high-end videocard based on Matrox Parhelia 512, it is said that the chip works at 350 MHz while the memory functions synchronously at 350 MHz. DDR SDRAM/SGRAM in 256-bit bus is used, thus, we can say it works on 700 MHz. We should also add that instead of the DualHead, TripleHead will be implemented in the upcoming solution thus two LCD (that connects via DVI) and one CRT (that connects via D-Sub) will be supported. Matrox also claims the support of SurroundGaming - something like 3D images from IMAX cinemas. It seems that a special projector will be needed in this case. As you see, Matrox Parhelia 512 is really a powerful one. We wait for the price and the launch date. Stay tuned.":-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eekOf course, this hasn't been confirmed yet and we won't really know if this is true or not until Matrox *officially* announces the Parhelia in 10 days time (hopefully) but if it's anything like the above specs look out world!Edit: forgot to mention, it's rumored to have 80-90 million transistors as well :-eek Dual 400MHz RAMDACs, AGP 8x support, 4 rendering pipelines w/4 TMUs per pipeline, 40-bit color depth and more! :-eekMax Cowgill

Guest drobson

Jeez, that sounds good! I've been extremely happy with my old Matrox G400 Dual head card. I know it's not the best card for the sharpest images, but I cannot do without my second monitor. To be able to use 3 monitors off the same card would be really great. (I wonder if I can afford it).Darrell

Guest mikehaska

Darrell- I'm with you. My Matrox G400-TV has been an awesome card. It's very stable and give good graphics. I won't hesitate one second to get another Matrox card.