Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Just got an email from discreet

Guest hefy_jefy

Yes I got the same message, but have you managed to get through to MS yet?I have been trying since last weekend!!Geoff

Yeah, I wonder how much it would cost me to call a US helpdesk. Oh, and of course I don't have a zip code. This reminds me of GMAX's obligatory registration -- but at least you can do that online. Come on Discreet, put the damn fix online.On the other hand I can see why Discreet shy away from the net -- emails such as 'Discreet products available' may not survive a lot of junk mail filters :)

Guest Barney1

Why would you place the onus upon Discreet for publishing a fix?? It isn't their fault that MS 1) has yet another security flaw;and 2) produces a fix for said flaw which corrupts another products' files.

I don't blame Discreet, I just don't expect them to complicate matters. I guess I was a bit annoyed by the US-centric solution.

Guest Barney1

I don't know about complicating matters, but I would have liked to see them publish a more exacting account of "why" their files become corrupt. As a publisher of software, after adhering to the parameters of a given OS according to OEM and designing said software to function nominally only to discover that the OS becomes unfriendly after an update, I'd be extremely concerned!!In other words, in this particular set of circumstances, assuming the fix from MS only addresses the flaw in RPC functionality, what is the connection between a set of files in a design program(Gmax) and the TCP/IP?? BTW, MS is said to be issuing another 'fix' to overcome the Discreet problem. You have to wonder just what will be affected after installation of this next injection of MS 'code'!