Sign in to follow this  

Floodlight-macros with gmax

Hi!I'm searching for how to design nice light-macros for my scenery, which should work as floodlights for aprons and parking space. I work with gmax and FSregen.I know how to design lights within gmax (Light_nav ...) and FSregen, but I don't have any idea how to make lights which draw nice light cones on the ground like normal floodlights.Does anyone have experience with the lights or any tutorial?Regards,Klaus

Try to use LIGHT_LAND for this, then you can get a cone and a circle of light on the ground.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno!I know the method with light_land, too, but I am not very happy with this solution. I know some macros by Goran Brumen who designed very good looking floodligt-macros with FSDS2.With the light_land methode it isn't possible to adjust the brightness, intensity or the dimension (only via height and direction) of the projected cone on the ground in an easy way ..Do you have any other ideas how to?Regards,Klaus

Guest gorchi

Hi Klaus!Yo won't believe it but those floodlights were actually made by light.landing (in GMAX this is light_land). In FSDS You can change brightnes by actually changing the colour of light: the darker the colour, the dimmer is in FS. You can also try light.taxi (light_taxi I suppose) instead od landing light.In FS2004 there are three parameters now really working which affect brightness of light: intensity, linear and square attenuation. I am no expert in gmax but I hope there is a possiblity to change these two params in GMAX, otherwise You can change it in code after exporting. In SCASM format these two variables are found here in this instruction:Light( vattr type ox oz oy intens liat sqat a r g b direction )Typical example from macro isLight( m 5 0.0 0.0 0.0 20 0.0 0.0 FF 255 223 113 0.0 0.0 0.0 )Typical values for intens is from 20-40 (I tried also something around 1000 and it was really brigt in FS2k4), liat around 0.6 and sqat around 0.4.I guess that in BGLC language this instruction is called BGL_LIGHT; You can expect more help on it from Arno :)Hope it helps and best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi Goran!Thank you very much for your information again. I will try!Regards, Klaus