Sign in to follow this  
arno

Vector autogen bridges in Ground2K scenery for FS2004

Hi Falko and Gerrish.I'm going to start a new thread on VTP bridges.Falko has discovered an important key to the bridges That I would like to address... and it does make their placement possible without the artifacts I had seen earlier.:-jumpy Dick

I have been playing with the SCASM macro placement a bit and I think I have found a nice solution. I have made a macro that uses the parameter %6 to enter the amount of segments you want. The two ramps at the end are still added to that.The macro must be compiled with FreeSC, because that has some nice options (like a for loop).I have made it for only one type now, but it works very well. I guess anybody who is interested can enter other GUIDs for other bridge types (warning, not for all bridge types the ramps have the same size as the segments).[tt]; AutoGen bridge test macro for use with FreeSC; by Arno Gerretsen; %6 = numsegments$seglength = 203.5 * %4for ($i = 0, $i < %6, $i = $i + 1) ; calculate position for next segment $y = [ -[%6-1]/2 + $i]*$seglength Area( 4 %1 %2 22 ) IfVarRange( : 346 %12 5 ) GRP( %1 %2 ) PerspectiveCall( :L1 ) ShadowCall( :L1 ) Jump( : ) :L1 RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 d 0 $y E= 0 v1= %10 %13 %14 ) RotatedCall( :R1 0 0 %5 ) Return :R1 CallLibObj( 0 c45eea03 464ba40e a3264783 7eb5df82 ) :E1 Return :E2 EndAfend; calculate position for start segment $i = -1 $y = [ -[%6-1]/2 + $i]*$seglength Area( 4 %1 %2 22 ) IfVarRange( : 346 %12 5 ) GRP( %1 %2 ) PerspectiveCall( :L1 ) ShadowCall( :L1 ) Jump( : ) :L1 RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 d 0 $y E= 0 v1= %10 %13 %14 ) RotatedCall( :R1 0 0 [%5+180] ) Return :R1 CallLibObj( 0 da002e64 4742342c dc960db7 600b9c56 ) :E1 Return :E2 EndA; calculate position for end segment $i = %6 $y = [ -[%6-1]/2 + $i]*$seglength Area( 4 %1 %2 22 ) IfVarRange( : 346 %12 5 ) GRP( %1 %2 ) PerspectiveCall( :L1 ) ShadowCall( :L1 ) Jump( : ) :L1 RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 d 0 $y E= 0 v1= %10 %13 %14 ) RotatedCall( :R1 0 0 %5 ) Return :R1 CallLibObj( 0 da002e64 4742342c dc960db7 600b9c56 ) :E1 Return :E2 EndA[/tt]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I have been working some more on the macro posted above this evening and I must say this is really nice :).I have modified it so it can call all 16 types of bridges listed in the terrain.cfg file. The length of the different segments is not the same for all these types, but the correct distance between them is calculated by the macro.I want to make some screenshots of the different types before I post the macro here, so expect that tomorrow.Also I want to change it a bit more, so that you enter the length you want and that the amount of segments needed to get that length is then determined by the macro.But that is work for tomorrow :D.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog