Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Is there a list of all available FS library objects / GUIDs?

Guest JonP01

Hi,I'm just wondering if somewhere there is a comprehensive list of all the library object names or GUIDs contained in FS2002, or even FS2004? If not all, then at least a large list :-) So far, I am aware of the GUIDs for some of the new autogen objects, as they are already listed in the FS2004 autogen.xml file. I've also downloaded the FS2002 Effects SDK, and the Effects Placer executable seems to have a large number of library objects in a drop-down box. But a lot of the names are meaningless and don't actually appear to be visible objects as such. I'm sure there are many more I am not aware of. I'm particularly interested in newer GMAX objects that I could place, like I am doing with some of the new autogen objects. Thanks.

Guest JonP01

OK, well I guess the answer to that question is no. OK, next best option - anyone know of a decompiler (payware / freeware) in the works that will be able to read the library object GUIDs from the FS2004 bgls?

No, as far as I know there is not list of that available. But I think it is a good idea. I will try to add such a list to my site :).About the second question, no as far as I know there is no tool at the moment that can read them.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Hi,there is a list of these library objects and it is in Excel format. I got it together with one of FS2002 SDK's but unfortunatelly I do not know which one (it was together with BGL placer if I remember correctly).Also, there is such list in FS2004 in XML format, but since I am at work right now, I can't browse through FS2k4 folders.Edit: I have found it! It is in BGLC SDK, You can download it here http://download.microsoft.com/download/Fli...ompiler_sdk.exeBest regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Yes, there is an XML file in the Fs2004autogen folder that contains about 52 objects.The "only" question remaining is if the list from the Fs2002 SDK is still valid in Fs2004 :D.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest JonP01

Hi Goran,Thanks! That is precisely the sort of thing I am after, although for FS2004. But you showing this sort of thing exists for FS2002 makes me quite hopeful MS will provide the same information for FS2004. A lot of the library objects in FS2002 don't seem to work in FS2004, I guess because many of the bgl libraries either don't exist or have been extensively overhauled. Although I guess it is possible to stick the relevant bgl's from FS2002 into FS2004.When you speak of the FS2004 list in xml format, I am assuming you mean the default.xml file in the autogen folder. If that's the one then yes I've already got those ones. Thanks :-)