Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

FPS Question

Hello,On my computer (P4 1.8GHz, 256 DDR RAM, Geforce2 MX200 Video Card), Flight Sim 2002 runs with a very inconsistence Frame rate. I can get up to 30FPS (I locked it at 30) while it constantly goes down to about 2-3FPS. It happens very often :(, even when all display is set to minimal. What might the cause of this be, not enough RAM?? or a bad Video Card, if so, can anyone suggest a good Video Card at a reasonable price?Thanks in advance,SOHK

on my system i average about 15 (locked at 20)i would suggest you lock your fps to 15-18,also turn off ground scenery shadows.drop atc to 80%.lower autogen to dense.visibilty to 60miles.fps will drop over the bigger cities like london and new york,if you have a bit of money,more memory and a better video card will help. best wishes steveUKps i would post a bit more of your fs2002 settings system specsATI 8500 64mb (about

Concur with Gusto's comments:I have a rather fast system setup (Athlon 1700+ XP, GeForce 4 Ti500, and Windows 2000 PRO. I kept lowering my locked framerate (Started at 30 fps) by 2 until I saw that the fps did not fluctuate by more than 3 fps. I was getting up 10 fps difference while holding a steady position flying in the LAX area. I finally reached 18 fps when the fps reading only varied by 1.After I locked it at 18, I did not have the fps drop below 1 in the same flight situation. Frame rates will obviously vary depending on your FS2K2 settings and the scenery you may have loaded into your FS2K2 environment (e.g SimFlyers LAX, ATL, MCO, etc,).Hope this helps you out somewhat. Backoff on the sliders also until you start seeing a rather constant framerate. You should then be at an "optimum" setting for your system.Keith

Guest SD Sim

FS2K2 utilizes about 200MB memory, leaving you only 56MB for the OS. If you are running later versions of MS OS (XP for sure), then you will not have enough memory for FS2K2. Solution is to increase your RAM (512MB is plenty).