Sign in to follow this  
arno

Problem with animation in Busy Objects. ;-(

A'm make import the SCASM code of the road from "airport for windows" into GMAX. It import correctly and i make animation path. Compiling macro :C:BOC>boc projects/tutorial/test1.bodBOC (BusyObjects Compiler) v1.0b3 --- build 042 [20030220]Copyright © 2002,2003 by Bernd R. Fix. All Rights Reserved. Parsing parameters from file 'projects/tutorial/test1.bod' import format... import file... invariant degrees-of-freedom... animation type is 1 duration... animation scale... animation scale is 0.010000 scale of animated object... export format... export file... export template... ParameterSet complete. Parsing raw animation data from file 'projects/tutorial/test1.gani' object definition... done. parent definition... done. frame count... done. reading animation data... done. Animation data complete. Post-processing raw animation data: Animation isn't using full range. Adjusting... coord range = [372567,344378,0] *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'z pos' yet! *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'pitch' yet! *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'bank' yet! Post-processing complete. Generating API macro 'test1.api'... Processing template file 'projects/tutorial/test1.tpl'... Template processing finished. API macro created.C:BOC> Macro is created.. and then a'm trying to use it in "airport for windows" see a picture like the picture attached. In FSSC i see the same picture.. But, when i'm creatig animation path in the GMAX by myself, api macro works correctly only in the FSSC.. :((.. What's the problem?]Second attachment is airport for windows road,

Sorry for the very late reply. I am not reading this forum on a regular basis. I can identify your problem from the output line:> coord range = [372567,344378,0]The values given there are larger than a (16bit) unsigned short; this means you have choosen a scale too small for the animation. Use a scale value that leaves the coord values below 65535. All this should be explained in the manual.A general remark about BusyObjects: I was very frustated to find out that really "intersting" animations can't be done in BGL at all and writing a DLL (with all its problems) is not a solution. So I think I will not develop BusyObjects further; it can be used for single object animations - and it will not be able to do more. I spent many days and weeks on getting gates and multi-object animations to work - it is simply not possible in BGL.Actually I spent less time in FS than before; I nowadays enjoy flying spaceships (I switched to Orbiter, a free space simulator). Since Orbiter has a nice C++ API for add-on development, I can now implement my (programming) ideas with much less hassle.Have fun, Bernd.

Hi Bernd.Sad news about the limitations of BGL. :(Thanks so much for BusyObjects... I've had great fun with it. I'm glad you like Orbiter. I've heard it is a blast ( pun intended ).;)Dick

Hi Bernd,>I spent many days and weeks on getting>gates and multi-object animations to work - it is simply not>possible in BGL.Dunno what you tried for your gates. But together with Nick (from IFSD) I am working on some new animated gates now and we get them much like we wanted.Maybe you were trying to do even more complex animations :), I can't tell that of course.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog