Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

creating files

Guest WilliamTodd

When you create 2 different scenery files with fssc for different areas that are close by can you combine them into one file later, say adding scenery two an existing airport and then adding scenery out of the grid in another area. Or are you stuck with 2 different addon sceneries in flightsim?

you can include more than one bgl file in a scenery area. most of these concerns are easiest learned by trying. just do it, and you'll begin to see what I mean.Bob B

Hi WilliamTodd.I don't think there is a limit to the number of separate BGLs that can exist in a scenery, so this shouldn't be a worry... in fact, there may be a certain advantage to having separate BGLs as far as the scenery development process goes.Dick

Guest JohnC

Hello Dick.......do I recall you once saying that multiple bgl files will be run in the alphabetical order of their names.......in other words, aaa.bgl will always run before bbb.bgl, etc......Not that I have immediate plans to do so ...:-violin but I am simply compiling some nuggets of info here.

Guest sapper42

Gday Will,Bob and Dick can correct me but i think aslong as the Lat Lon in your Area fit inside the Header and LatRange of the scasm code i cant see why it wouldnt and once your happy with the final BGL's i cant see a reason why you wouldnt compile the whole lot into one file unless you want to leave the option to users to remove certain objects by keeping them as individual BGL files.rgds Jeff

Hi JohnC.The alphabetical order rule for BGLs in the same folder is true for TMF-TDF scenery... LWMs, VTPs, landclass, probably seasons, and probably mesh... Sometimes in TDF-TMF design, we need to keep some elements in separate BGLs.I'm not sure it is true for traditional scenery, as everything is displayed... you can place 10 objects in the same spot, and the sim will attempt to display all 10.=============I agree with Jeff, there is no reason traditional code can't be combined, if that is the designer's preference. I just think it might be as easy to have a multitude instead of adding extra work to combine everything.Dick