Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

Problem with Photo Scenery Maker

Hi,I've tried to make photorealistic sceneries with Photo Scenery Maker but the scenery does not appear in FS2004.:( In fact, I've followed the tutorial but my scenery generated in 2 seconds and the *.bgl file size was less than 1 Mo. Strange ... :-rollNormally, it should take more time to generate. Could you tell me what I've done wrong ?Thank you for your help.;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.st

Hi Damien.That is a new program, and most of us would be unaware of how to use it. You might be able to e-mail the author.I can tell you that most photoreal scenery takes a while to resample. The BGL will be small, but there should be quite a number of textures produced ( we sometimes call them slices ). The BGL needs to go into a 'scenery' folder, and the textures go into a 'texture' folder.Dick

Guest Tosh

Hi Damien,There is a bug in the Project Properties/Coordinates Dialogue box. The bitmap boundary information for latitude and longitude should be entered in the format;North - Northern extent of bitmap.South - Southern Extent of bitmap.West - Western extent of bitmap.East - Eastern extent of bitmap.The program will only work if you reverse the longitude entries as follows;West - Eastern extent of bitmapEast - Western extent of bitmap.I am also assuming that;Longitude entries west of Greenwich are prefixed by - (Minus), East of Greenwich have no prefix.Latitude North of the Equator have no prefix, South of the Equator have - (Minus).I have logged this as a bug with the developerRegards,Chris Wilkes

Thank you. I've tried but I didn't succeed in creating a BGL file !Here are the coordinates of my scenery :49.743750N 1.987500E50.056250N 2.612500EI entered them but the scenery only generated in 2 seconds !Please could you give me an example with the good format ?Thank you !;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.st

I have the same problem. I found that using the resample.exe in the custom textures sdk at least yields textures, but still no bgl. Same thing, blink - then done.Coordinates must also be entered in a pseudo degrees:minutes:seconds.tenths format, i believe.Please let me know if you have success.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Tosh

Hi Damien,Scenery coordinates must be entered in the format;North of the Equator.. 00:00:00.00South of the Equator.. -00:00:00.00West of Greenwich.. -00:00:00.00East of Greenwich.. 00:00:00.00In your example;49:44:37.50 1:59:15.0050:03:22.50 2:36:45.00entered in the program as;............................50:03:22.502:26:45.00...........................................1:59:15.00............................49:44:37.50The east and west values have been reversed to accomodate the bug. You may want to test this. It is possible that the bug only happens west of Greenwich and that sceneries east of Greenwich are not effected. If so the above east/west values should be entered correctly ( Reverse them ) I have not tested this.Regards,Chris Wilkes

I'm also wondering if location of the SDKs, and the output and input .bmp affects operation. It seems as if the tmf utilities aren't getting their proper command lines...sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Actually, I was playing with this program today and discovered that coordinates can also be entered using decimal degrees, straight from Rhumbaflappy's TDFCalc2004. So in addition to the dd:mm:ss.ss format, you can also enter the coords like this: 40.38555145666353. In fact, I was getting errors and problems with the other format, and this cleared them up for me. This was doing my calibration using the built-in 2-point calibration in Photo Scenery Maker.Also, I discovered that I wasn't getting usable textures when pointing Photo Scenery Maker at my FS2002 Custom Terrain Textures SDK. Small wonder there, eh? I pointed it at my old FS2000 SDK with its older resample.exe and now it's spitting out good files lickety-split. Quite a nice tool, all in all.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

>The program will only work if you reverse the longitude>entries as follows;>>West - Eastern extent of bitmap>East - Western extent of bitmap.>>I am also assuming that;>>Longitude entries west of Greenwich are prefixed by - (Minus),>East of Greenwich have no prefix.>Latitude North of the Equator have no prefix, South of the>Equator have - (Minus).>>I have logged this as a bug with the developerSorry, I'm working to fix this bug. I will release fixed versionin 1-2 days.---Takuya Murakami - Photo Scenery Maker Author

Hello all,I had fixed the problems and released new version (ver 1.2.1).Please try it!-----Takuya Murakami, Author of Photo Scenery Maker

You must use resample.exe in FS2000 Terrain SDK.Resample.exe in Custom Terran SDK has some bugs, soit does not work!

Hi,Thank you very much for your answers. ;-) It's working ! :-)I can see my scenery in FS2004 ... but not at the right place ! :-(My scenery is some miles away from the default scenery. I don't know what to do.Please could you tell me how to place the scenery at its right place (in FS2004) ?Thank you.;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.st

I've tried with the new release (1.2.1) but the scenery didn't appear in FS2004.What is strange is that the bitmap boundaries automatically change whereas I entered the exact coordinates.For instance, I entered "49 : 74:37.50" and it changed into "50 : 14:37.50". Why ?This is how I entered the bitmap boundaries : /////////////// 50 : 05 : 62.501 : 98 : 75.00 ///////////// 2 : 61 : 25.00 /////////// 49 : 74 : 37.50These coordinates are those I got with the photosatellite picture.Please could you help me ? Thank you !;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.st

You cannot have 49 : 74 : 37.50There are only 60 minutes to a degree, and 60 seconds to a minute. degrees:minutes:secondsDick