Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FS2002 needs a Patch. A lot of USA airports have no Apr

Why are most of the aprons in FS2002 not there? I flew into Las Vegas this morning, and I taxied to the gate on dirt, as their is no apron pavement at this airport as well. FS2002 is a great Sim, but when the aprons flash and disappear in front of you, its disappointing. Is their a fix for this, or is my video card the problem? Cheers

In this case, I could be a video card problem. I hadn't noticed the dirt problems at McCarren before, so I just completed a taxi test all over the area. No "flashing" textures, or kicking dirt! The textures other than the runways do have brownish color, but not rough like I've encountered elsewhere. These three pics remind me just how well Vegas in done in FS2002L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

For the record Microsoft has stated that there will be no patch....

Also for the record....... Las Vegas, San Fransisco, Ancorage, JFK, Heathro, O'Hare and a few others have "Photo Realistic" ground textures and therefore don't look the same as the rest of the airports in the sim. Therefore it's not a "Bug".... thats the way its supposed to be....Brian

Hmmm...photorealistic dirt for an apron? Hmmm...thats a new one...:-lol...it just seems to me that the level of the apron was set lower then the existing terrain...don't know how to fix it, but I am sure some computer guru has this figured out.Brian A. NeumanWooodbury, MN

Moderator. Please remove this post, as I don't want to create problems here. I see a few replies have turned nasty and have been deleted. Best to delete this thread all together. Thank you

Before any deletion, your original post does have merit. Afterall, flashing textures & dirt tarmarks DO happen in FS2002. An airport that I use as a default has an excessive "dirt" problem itself!Notice the dirt clods in the pic. The plane "bounces" too!L.Adamson