Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robi

Redraw island with g2k

Guest Robi

Hi allI'm here again after a lot of time to post another question.I would like to redraw an island and i've take my map and place it over a screenshot of the default scenery. Now i must 'cut off' some land and add some water sourround new profile of island.Wath's the better way to do it?The tutor Ground2K_for_beginners say that we wish to exclude the default shoreline.Wath's happen if i do it? Maybe my island desappear?After I should redraw the whole island an re-mesh all?There's someone that could explain to me in few words and a few steps how must i do?I'm a little confused and i appreciate any suggestion THANKS 10000000 AND EXCUSE ME FOR MY BAD ENGLISHRoberto Furlan Italy

Guest gorchi

Hi Roberto!I do not use ground2000 although it is best suited to do the work needed for You. Basically I would do this way:- remesh the island- apply photoreal pictures, which should be sliced to 256x256 bmps- eventually remove excess land, which falls into the sea- add land, where FS thinks it is water- if needed rework shoreline (that's only a nice line, that makes visual impression like terrain is softly comming to water)- if needed I would draw roads and rivers.But because I do not have DEM data for my country nor photoreal images so the first two points are not usuable for me, although I really want to make good mesh for my country. And if You do not have photoreal images, than the last two points, "if needed" are must in this case.Hope it helps! Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Ciao Roberto,A shoreline, in this case, is just the beach surrounding your island, NOT the island itself. You should exclude the shoreline because if you draw a new island, then the old shoreline will be in the wrong place.(Just a few definitions:SHORELINE - this is a decorative element surrounding a Land Mask. It can be a white sand beach, a black sand beach, a harbor, etc. In Ground2K, declare it as Line/LakeShore.LAND MASK - this is a polygon that shows land and displays the underlying land class value. It can be a coast, an island, or any body of land that you want. In Ground2K, declare it as LWM-Land.COAST - this is a land mask, see above. Should not be confused with a shoreline.)How to proceed? 1. Exclude the old shoreline (the beach).2. Draw your new coast or your new island. Declare it as LWM-Land. 3. If any part of the old default island sticks out beyond the new island, draw a WATER MASK over it. This is declared as LWM-Water and will change that into Flight Simulator water.4. Draw your new shoreline (the new beach).5. If you are not satisfied with the altitude mesh for the new island, use the Re-Mesh function in Ground2K to modify it.Best regards.Luis