Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Want to add golf course

Guest WilliamTodd

Is there a way to add a golf course to FS9 using FSSC?

Yes, you could draw polygons on the correct location. There is a default MS texture for a golf course.But I think the result would be better if you placed them with VTP polygons, you can use Ground2k for that for example.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I second what Arno said. Using ground polys would give you perfectly flat courses... not exactly challenging to play! Mesh-clinging VTP polys like those created in Ground2K would be much more appropriate.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest WilliamTodd

Thanks fellas, I figured it out in FSSC. The flatness isn't a problem since the golfcourse I added is the one in Waikiki which is flat, however when I fly close to it the underlying texture bleeds through. Is there a way to stop this? Man, this scenery adding is fun, however time consuming. The golfcourse adds alot. If my scenery, hon.zip goes through and people like it when I do an update I'll add this golf course to it.

Guest gorchi

Hi William!First of all I must advise You to change Your poly made in FSSC to VTP one (use SCM2VTP by Falko Dienstbach). The code for texture is 0135 if You will convert. It is strongly advised since this is the true FS2002+ ground polygon code and unless FSSC is modified to new code, FSSC made polygons will not work after FS2004. But if You prefer staying with FSSC made polygons, then do not forget to use layering, just because of bleedthrough! Use layer 8 for them and this will solve Your problem.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net