Sign in to follow this  
PanosG

CellGrid2004 PROBLEM

This seems to be the standard solution when FS9 has a problem with the scenery and decides to crap out. Can you fly in cell 433,198?Commentary: It would have been nice if the Microsoft developers had the program post an error message when it decides to quit out due to a problem. But I guess we should be happy, they at least now know how to trap the errors so Windows doesn't crash too. Maybe posting messages in those traps will be one of the new features in FS10.Lee Steffensen.

>>Can you fly in cell 433,198?<>..they at least now know how to trap the errors so Windows doesn't crash too.<http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpgPanos Georgotas

Panos Georgotas

Hi Panos.I made a project file with twin sub-folders 'scenery' and 'texture'. Inside 'scenery', I placed your BGL. I placed the red and green txtures inside the 'texture' folder. I then activated the project through the Scenery Library, exited, and re-entered the sim.I had no unusual problems with the cellgrid, other than the VTP lines are too thin, and "flash' off and on. I never considered that a big problem, as cellgrid is meant more for slewing and screenshots, rather than flying.No FS9 crash for me.Dick

Hi Dick,I started step by step as you said, also I have reset (cleaned) my scenery.cfgand I moved my own LandClass or Mesh terrain file from scenerybasescenry and sceneryworldscenery folders and guess what!...it happens again!I was in the Slew mode with flashing thin lines around and suddenlywithout any error message fs9 exits to desktop again...x( Regards, PAnos http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpgPanos Georgotas

Panos Georgotas