Sign in to follow this  
Guest manny3

Gate Animation Doesn't Work in FS9

Guest manny3

I made animated gates using gmax and Arno's technique which worked fine in FS2002. When I transferred it into FS2004, the gates don't animate anymore.I wonder if something has changed between FS2002 and FS2004, maybe in the way the variables are used. Has anyone experienced the same problem or is it just me?Thanks to any replies.Manny AquinoPFSGPhilskies.Net

Did you use his CAT tool? I've done some hangar doors with it, and they work the same in FS9 as they did in FS2002.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I have seen that most things still work, but there are one or two user variables that do not work anymore. Maybe you just used one of them? I have made a post about this on the CAT forum at my site (http://www.scenerydesign.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58).Maybe this helps?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest manny3

Thanks, Bill and Arno for you replies.Arno, you're quite right. Not all user variables work in FS9 anymore.What's amazing in my test is that out of the 12 user variables available in FS2002 I found in my test that now only two work: 0318h and 031Ah. All the rest don't anymore.Maybe this is only in my case.My gates work fine now. :)MannyPFSGPhilskies.Net

I will try to verify your results, so I can update the CAT docs with this information. Thanks,

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

I have changed CAT so that the problem with the user variables should be gone. More info available here:http://www.scenerydesign.org/modules.php?n...order=0&thold=0

Arno

Guest manny3

Thanks, Arno.I have downloaded it already and will check it out later as I'm in the office right now. :)Manny

Guest manny3

On second thought, using the local variables may not be backward compatible with FS2002. a lot of my friends are still using FS2002 a nd I want them to enjoy my sceneries. So. I'll be using 0318h for the time being and check if the local variables work in FS2002.Thanks, Arno. I keep on wondering how you do it. Do you have a special tool that searches for these variables in FS? :)

The local variables also work in Fs2002. GMax already uses them for the animation, I only changed it a bit so the state is also stored in there.When I look for variables I use the Fs98 and Fs2000 scenery SDK mainly.

Arno

Guest manny3

That's great, Arno. No backward compatibility problem, then.Still it would have been great to tie the gate animation to the engine rpm and the type of gate to the aircraft type, but I guess we just couldn't have it all for the time being. Again, thanks for all great the work. :)

I am working on a more advanced gate now, but untill I have it ready for release I keep it a little secret :), expect some news about it in the comming weeks. It will probably use the braking brake as trigger and be able to identify the aircraft type.

Arno

Guest manny3

Wow! That will be a great one, Arno.Right now I am using the ADF to identify the aircraft, Transponder for the gate number which really limits the number of gate one can use, and Nav2 to activate the gate. Whew!Looking forward to that new gate. :)Manny