Sign in to follow this  

KRDG for FS9 Almost Ready!

I've been furiously working on my KRDG scenery for FS9 to get it done in time for the Avsim conference. While it won't be complete, attendees should get a pretty good preview of it at the gathering. I'm also presenting a paper on scenery design in which I detail the processes I went through in making this airport as real as I could. Here's a dev screenshot -- if you're interested, there are more at http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack to see. Now for some more coffee!thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Frank Betts

Excellent work Bill. Looks real good. Wish I had the patients for that kind of work. Good luck on finishing it.

Guest sapper42

Hi Bill, very nice mate ! nice clean lines and very proffesional looking, i take it you used photo textures for the buildings.good luck with it at the Avsim Conf.rgds Jeff

Thanks, Frank. I tell ya, doing this scenery is enough to have me running back to bush scenery design. I had no idea how involved it would be until I got into it, and then it was too late to turn back ;-). I guess it's a good thing we don't always know how much work a project will be, or a lot of them would never get done!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Thanks Jeff. Yes, hundreds of photos were at my disposal, and I now (finally) feel like I'm good at texturing in Gmax. Any question I might have had has been answered by just doing it over and over and over...thanks,

Bill Womack

Guest gorchi

Hi Bill!This scenery looks excellent! Can I ask You how did You make that water in the last pic? I see a reflection of the pole there...Excellent!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

I *think* it's the pole extending under the water, myself. When FS200x can do that reflection stuff, whooboy. :) I'd be jumping into desiging my local airport(s), but I've got enough projects to keep me active!EXCELLENT work on that airfield!-Greg

Yes, several others have commented on that. I'd like to say I've got some magical trick that nobody else knows about, but it's just an optical illusion... the fountain is dry, it's just that the center column and the part where the water would go is a darker texture than what's above. Thanks, though!

Bill Womack

Gotta love that front texture on the hangar. Bill it looks like you have put more than a little work into this and it shows. Dan