Sign in to follow this  

Airfield bitmap

Hi all, been away lately...I have recently finished my scenery of Welshpool airfield and used poly's for Taxiways and Aprons, which unfortunately give rather precise lines to their borders.I would like to create to create a single Bitmap of the airfield.How easy is this to achieve?I am struggling with what resolution to work in, other than High..Working in a High res is not a problem, like 100cm/pixel, but the problem is what to do if the plan your working from is low Res. GSummons achieves some tremendous results with his textures at(1024*1024),overlayed with more detailed 1024*1024 images, I wonder whether this to do with resolution in Fs.This is another issue, my runway textures 256*256 28pixel/inch seemed alittle blocky, it would be nice to remedy this, does the pixel/Sq inch need increasing to 72.Hope someone understands me and can helpRegardsDavid

Hi David,>How easy is this to achieve?The easiest way is if you have a source like an aerial photo for it. Then you can base the texture on that. I have never tried to draw it out of the hand, because ussually (with me anyway) that looks like a cartoon picture in the end.>This is another issue, my runway textures 256*256 28pixel/inch>seemed alittle blocky, it would be nice to remedy this, does>the pixel/Sq inch need increasing to 72.Humm 28 pixels/inch, is almost 1 pixel per centimeter (sorry, can't think in the UK units :)). I would expect that should be high enough. This is already a very high resolution. Most test I have done were at 1 meter per pixel and one at 15 cm per pixel (but FS didn't like that one).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno Thanks for your suggestions, so the 1 pixel/centimeter is the excepted format, conversions I can do no problem.I will continue to experimentThanks again