Sign in to follow this  
Cee-Jaay

Help - Airfield Data/charts for Kathmandu

Hi,I guess this is something of a longshot, but would anyone have airfield charts or data for Tribhuvan Int'l, Kathmandu.I'm working on a scenery for it and have the basic layout, but I'm lacking detailed information, particularly with regards to precise lighting (i.e. Apron/Taxiway/Runway/Approach). Ramp plans woulds also be dead handy.Any info or links would be hugely appreciated.Cheers,C.J.

Guest bones

It may seem a roundabout route to get it but I am sure I saw some airfield plates when reading an accident report at VNKT. My apologies but I can't remember the web site I saw it on.. boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Thanks for that bones,I've scoured the net pretty intensively over the weekend and got quite a few good shots of the rather unique terminal, which I'm custom building with FSDS, as a .scm (if that's the best way) and I've found all the info I need on approach and rwy lighting.There are PAPI's, but since the step-down glideslope varies between 3.5 and 7.5 degrees, I've no firm idea what to set them to???Taxiway lighting isn't mentioned anywhere, Maybe there isn't any?Also, no mention of parking arrangements, so I'm guessing marshalling is the low tech solution (I may see about doing a custom marshaller). Certainly no jetties, so don't forget to pack an umbrella.P.S.Fortunately the AI Aardvark 757 has no trouble getting in/out, but some of the lighter traffic needs a few goes to get it right.