Sign in to follow this  
arno

What am I doing wrong?? Simple GMax and texture attached.

Guest ptwaugh

Hi,I'm trying to make a simple helipad on top of a simple cylinder.Attached is the GMax and texture file I created to do this with FSREGEN. When I run FSREGEN, I leave 0 in the altitude per recommendatons from others, and leave the get from FS box unchecked.I note to that it says zero lines of new code when done. Is this right?Anyway, I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, it's about to drive me crazy after two days searching the forums and trying things. =)Thanks, Patrick

Hi Patrick,I processed your file with FsRegen and then recompiled the BGL file. Works fine. Here is a pic of how I parked th 737 on your object. So I think you must have done something wrong while creating the BGL file again, as the GMax file is correct.http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/pics...1633.40.687.jpgIt only seems that the plane is a bit to low, as the wheel sink a little bit in it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest ptwaugh

Hi,Based on what you said, I took a pic of everything I do in FSRegen to show you. Also, I noticed (now) that I get compile errors (see pic) when compiling with the compile button. So, I attempted the compile from the dos prompt with no errors, however, still not solid. =(Hopefully from the pics you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.Thanks, PatrickP.S. Was rolling on the floor with your picture!

Guest ptwaugh

Hi,Based on what you said, I took a pic of everything I do in FSRegen to show you. Also, I noticed (now) that I get compile errors (see pic) when compiling with the compile button. So, I attempted the compile from the dos prompt with no errors, however, still not solid. =(Hopefully from the pics you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.Thanks, PatrickP.S. Was rolling on the floor with your picture!

Guest ptwaugh

Ok, figured out why I got the compile errors and fixed that part.I had bglc in the FSRegen directory, and was exporting to a sub-directory for the project. Once I exported to the FSRegen where bglc is located, the "compile" button works without error.However, I still cannot land on the scenery. :-madCrash detect is on. Do my pictures shed any light on what I must be doing wrong?Thanks, Patrick

Guest Firestriker

Patrick,I did some experimenting and tried using the method described on the FSregen website. I made a 100ft. cube then made a plane just below the top surface of the cube. Set the material for the plane as black difusse and the specular as yellow with a level of 100. Exported and ran it thru FSregen. When I loaded it up in FS I got a hard surface but the cube didn't show. Tried it again and finally got the cube to show too but there was a Zbias problem as the landable surface and the top of the cube fought for display. So I went and exported the cube as a separate "structure" and the plane as a separate landing surface after flipping the normals of the plane and dropping it to 0 elevation in Max. When I ran the landing surface thru FSregen this time, I set the parameters to 100 feet and left both boxes UNCHECKED. This worked better yet, however, the skids of the chopper were burried in the cubes top surface. In reading in the Scenery SDK I found that landing surfaces had to be defined in METERS only with no fractions. Went back in and dropped the top surface of the cube to exactly 30 meters and that fixed that problem. So basically what I ended up with was a bgl that defined the landing surface separately from the portrayed structure. My thought here is try to get your landing surface functional first.Happy Contrails,Louhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/38740.jpg

Guest ptwaugh

:((((((I have tried everything. Does this work in FS9????Someone verified that my GMax file works as is. Did anyone look at my settings in the attach pictures above? Am I missing something? I'm sooooo frustrated with this after 3 days.Do I have to compile manually, or can I use the button?Patrick

Guest ptwaugh

Success!!!!!As is sometimes the case when testing and retesting, I had tested something early on that was right, but hadn't re-tested it once I had the compiler thing correct.The problem I was having was I was entering the ground altitude as zero MSL, when it was 3209.3 (I entered 3209 since I wasn't sure if decimals were allowed).Yeah.... Thanks guys for all the help. I really appreciate the community.Hope I can return the favor. =)Patrick

Guest ptwaugh

Sorry, here's the pic.38767.jpgAnd what I did was create a cylinder that was 5 meters high, and put the plane (with normals up) just below the surface as per directions. Then, used the correct ground elevation in FSRegen.Funny, but after it sat on top for awhile, it showed the dirt rotor wash effect, then crashed in place and reset.Patrick

Looks good. And luckily you got it working now.When I tested with the 737 I noticed that the shadow of the plane was displayed at the height of the landing area. I guess that also explains your dirt wash effect.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog