Sign in to follow this  
arno

Spain VFR-Mesh - 1m/pixel???

How can Spain VFR-Mesh use 1m/pixel satellite photos??Which software support it? TerraBuilder Pro??Thanks a lot.

Where did you find this scenery? Do you have a link to it?As far as I know you can not combine this high resolution with mesh, you can use it for flat areas.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi there:I assume he means this one (oops, a link to FSPlanet!?!). http://www.fsplanet.com/mainstore8.htmIt sure looks great, though it's probably safe to assume that the source image was 1m/pixel whereas the FS-compiled version has the usual 4.8m/pixel. Anyway, nice combination of high-res mesh and photoreal textures, though they seemed to have foregone autogen.I spent a week on La Palma once and it's a truly spectacular place - worth a visit, if you're in the area ;-)Cheers, Holger

Yes, I think you are right. All screenshots are taken from that far away that you can't see the resolution of the texture anyway :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

U can use any photo resolution you want. I often start with 1m photos myself. Of course it means nothing to the user, that part is just good advertising by the author. The resampling process produces 4.8m/pixel output regardless of the input resolution.Kind of unfortunate, as the scenery looks spectacular, just because the advertising is misleading, it may seem as thou I'm pooh poohing the work...not at all. Work this good should be sold without any misleading information IMHO.Bob Bernstein

I agree there. We with some design knowledge can see what is meant here and understand that the real resolution must be lower, but most normal users will not see that and then export (even) more then they get.

Arno