Sign in to follow this  
Guest FR153

Coast Line Maker for FS2004 Problems

Guest FR153

I have been using CoastLine Maker V2 in FS2002, have downloaded and installed the FS2004 patch but I cannot get a couple of things in FS2004/FS9.For one, I no longer get LWM Polygon cell address numbers even though I have the new CellGrid 2004 installed. In addition, the red lines are weak when you take the screen save photos. Secondly, when I do generate a file for VTP points, everything appears to be normal, no errors and an 'asm' file is generated. Looking at the asm file does not show a glaring error of any kind. During the compile with the April 3rd version of BGLC produces a BGL file that for all practical purposes is clean as a whistle. However, nothing shows up as far as a change to the original Microsoft work. I have tried several file locations and have added them to the scenery library, restarted Flight Sim and still nothing. The 'inc' files are in place, I have tried a couple versions of BGLC and have even tried to manually compile the 'asm' file with BGLC. Never an error, never a new road or stream. If anyone has a clue, any and all help would be appreciated. I have been fighting this for over a week.Thanks,Al

Hi Al.Cellgrid 2004 is forced to use VTP2 polys... so the nice lines are now weak and there are no LOD 13 area numbers. You can download TDFCalc2004 here at AVSIM to get a utility to read the cell and area number on the fly from FS2004 using FSUIPC 3+I don't know if the coastline polys are different in FS2004 from FS2002... if not, you could use the original CellGrid in FS2002, and get your screenshots from there.As far as your asm code, you might want to attach a zip file to a post to include the ASM, and we'll see if we can get it to work.Dick

Guest FR153

Hi Dick,I have TDFCalc2004 but still miss the old info right in front of me. I tried to use the old texture but it will not show up in FS2004. We will live through it but it seems to be about 3 times as hard, now. I am attaching the 'asm' file for the roads around KMSB that I am attempting to put in. If we can find the problem with that, then I can go to the others that I have tried that involve streams, etc. As I indicated earlier, I am not seeing any type of error code, the BGL builds without problem but it will just not show up in FS2004. Also as a reminder, I am running Ver 2 with the patch installed. FYI, I made a new directory and started over again to see if there was a problem there. I opened the old CLM file and then saved it in the new directory as a new file. From that, the attached ASM file was built, along with a BGL that still will not work. Any help would be appreciated, we are trying to get out scenery files for the VA updated to 2004 and this is a big stumbling block. Al

Hi Al.I compiled your asm code, and I'm looking at roads. It compiles and shows correctly on my computer in FS9.This leads me to believe there may be an exclude file that is overriding the scenery. I name my excludes as ( for example ) "aaEx_MyScenery_exclude.bgl"... this 'aa' prefix forces the sim to execute the excludes before any other code is executed. The order of execution is alphabetical ( alpha-numeric ) order within the same folder. So you want the excludes done first in the datastream, then your lines and polys.So, the good news is that Iain's CoastlineMaker code is good... and the bad news is that you'll need to do some detective work to find out what is excluding the lines.Dick

Guest FR153

Hi Dick,Thank you, thank you, thank you......I cannot tell you how many times I tried to get those roads in, but what you are saying is most likely the cause. I team with another guy on building of scenery/missions and he usually builds the airports while I am doing GMAX structures, roads, lakes, etc. Since he just requested the roads around KMBS, he has just redone that field (Saginaw, MI). So, he got me but good. :-( I'll have to check on the other location that he wanted too. There very well may be an exclude file there as well. Cannot thank you enough, maybe I can return the favor on something else down the road. Al

Guest FR153

Hi Dick,I'm still working on the problem but your picture may be the biggest clue. The coordinates shown on the top are nowhere close to what they should be and I doubt very much that you went and changed them from the original. We have been using the full degrees, minutes, seconds instead of the rounded (standard) decimal system. Quick math shows that the picture should be around 43* 51.xxx and not 43* 35.32. I have reconfigured back to the original FS9.CFG to see if that has any bearing. In checking, neither of us had placed a VTP exclude (or any other) in the area as neither of us imported files over from FS2002 so the detictive work goes on. Your picture of the roads are exactly what I drew, but the river running through where the airport should be was a huge clue that something was amiss. So, I have dawned my Shurlock Holmes hat and I am off and running. :-) Thanks again,Al