Sign in to follow this  
Guest thrimur

autogen files?

Guest thrimur

I have been reading the autogen SDK on how to change autogen scenery but I dont know how to find the file I want to change. I am trying to create a missing town in FS. I am new to this scenery creating hobby, but I have managed to use coastlinemaker to make the coastline and the roads like they are supposed to be, I have made some buildings in Gmax but now I like to autogenerate the rest of the town if possible.

The autogen is linked to the texture that is placed in your town using the landclass. So it is not a specific texture for that town, but more a general small/medium/large town texture that is used all over the country. If you open that texture with the Annotator tool you can see how the autogen is placed on it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest thrimur

thank for the reply Arnoso if I change the texture assigned to where the town is supposed to be, then the same texture througout the country changes to, right? My problem is that microsoft just placed vegetation where the town is in the real world(population 16000). Is there no way to change autogen scenery in a defined area by lat, lon for example? or do I have to manually create and place the buildings with Gmax and FSSC?please point me the right way,Thrimur

If you do not see a town texture where it is supposed to be you don't need to change the autogen. You would need to change the landclass then (or add some VTP polygons with a city texture). If you have set the landclass type correct for that area, the autogen will appear automatically.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest thrimur

thx Arno, is there any other program than EZlandclass available to change the landclass?

There is another called LandClass Assistent if I remmeber correct.

Arno

Guest thrimur

thanks, I will try to find that program.