Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marky Parky

VPT bridges in Ground2k - two pieces aside...

Guest Marky Parky

Hi,I've seen some post about two more pieces of VPT bridge when place by VPT line in Ground2k and I suffer this problem. But I did not find out ( I was probalby not looking good ) any way how to get rid of them.So I ask:Is ther any simple way how to make bridge without these points bya] placing the line in Ground in some special way orb] modifiing BGLC code generated by Ground in some simple way?Thnx for answerMarky

Hi Marky.I'm guessing you tried to make a VTP bridge with Ground2K, and it didn't quite work.Christian Fumey will probably include bridge support in his next release.For now, the only way to make them right is to hack the ASM file... or make one from scratch using data from TDFCalc2004.;--------------------------------------------------; Ground2K Lines : Generated on 8/31/2003 10:21:58 AM;--------------------------------------------------include TDFMacros.incinclude TDFHeaders.incBGLHeader 43, 41, -87, -90, TerrainHeaderStart, VTPHeaderVTPHeader label word VTPFileHeader 256, VTPIndexStart, TextureStart, VTPEndVTPStart label word datamark_v0 label word VTPDataArea 1, 1, 0, 0 VTPLayer 7, 0 VTPNumTexturesInLayer 1, 0 VTPTextureId 0, 0 VTPPolyCount 1, 0 VTPPolyMethod2 2, 1, 0 VTPWidePoint 12182, 0, 10240, 0 VTPWidePoint 12334, 0, 10500, 0 datamark_v1 label word VTPDataArea 1, 1, 0, 0 VTPLayer 7, 0 VTPNumTexturesInLayer 1, 0 VTPTextureId 1, 0 VTPPolyCount 1, 0 VTPPolyMethod2 2, 1, 0 VTPWidePoint 4274, 0, 10337, 0 VTPWidePoint 4269, 0, 10331, 0 datamark_v2 label word;----------------------------------------------Cellv_194_134 EQU VTPCellID 0, 194, 134Cellv_195_134 EQU VTPCellID 0, 195, 134;---------------------------------------------- VTPIndexStart label word VTPIndexHeader 2, VTPIndexData, VTPStart VTPIndexData label word VTPIndexEntry Cellv_194_134, VTPStart, datamark_v0, datamark_v1 VTPIndexEntry Cellv_195_134, VTPStart, datamark_v1, datamark_v2;-----------------------------TextureStart label word VTPTextureListHeader 2, TextureIndexStart, TextureDataStart, TextureDataEndTextureIndexStart label word VTPTextureListEntry TextureDataStart, texturemark_0, texturemark_1 VTPTextureListEntry TextureDataStart, texturemark_1, texturemark_2TextureDataStart label word texturemark_0 label word VTPTextureName "1222" VTPTextureType 3, 0, 0, 4 texturemark_1 label word VTPTextureName "1243" VTPTextureType 3, 0, 0, 4 texturemark_2 label wordTextureDataEnd label word; ------------------------------VTPEnd label wordThese are 2 bridges.The layer is 7 ( that's what MS uses ). The lines are 2-points only, with a width of zero. And make sure you reference the right texture number.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/40895.jpgDick

Guest Marky Parky

Hi,Thanx, I can see the difference now and I can correct any bridge I build manualy until a new release comes.

Guest Marky Parky

Hi,I've played a bit with this. I am now able to place any vector autogen object ( gas station, church, water tower ) by editing terrain.cfg file ( adding new autogen object and new type of line ) and a simple short 2 points line. It has no sideefects ;))Thanx a lot for your help.

Hi Marky.The bridge lines are not cut off by the LOD8 borders:VTPPolyMethod2 2, 1, 0VTPWidePoint 4274, 0, 10337, 0VTPWidePoint 4269, 0, 13331, 0...is valid, and will extend the bridge over the adjacent LOD8 border. Normally lines are cut off at under 4080 and over 12240. The full range is 0-16320.Dick

Guest Marky Parky

Hi,another pleasant surprise, thanx...The only think I miss now is autogen working on any texture and possibility to make my own library objects.I'll be happiest scenery builder on the world then ;)))Marky