Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rosin

Trees along roads

Guest Rosin

hi dear people,Recently someone uploaded in the Avsim library new exchange textures to replace the horrible bare/flat "shrubs" default textures. The pics were ment for FS2002 but they work perfectly in 2004 too. They were summer textures only, so, i even tinted them yellow-reddish with Photoshop and renamed them to take place of the default fall shrubs textures. Since it all went fine I started to 'plant' trees in them with the "Annotator" program. It all worked well. However when i try to plant trees along the default rivershore, road, highway, etc bitmaps, trees don't appear...anyone know why and how can i make trees appear along roads just as telegraph polls appear along them? Where is the incoding of the telegraph poles taking place? thanks for reading this!! ___

If you look in the terrain.cfg file you will find that the types of autogen for the roads are defined there (telephone poles, signs, etc). So in theory you could add a GUID of a tree there and then it should be shown (I think). But I have never tested this :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Marky Parky

You can add any possible object if you know a guid and you can also playe any object with known guid anywhere by short line ( just two points ) with proper entry in terrain.cfg file.

Guest Rosin

thanks a lot Arno and Markey!!will dig into scenery conffig:)