Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

dynamic scenery for FS2002/2004

Guest zth

Hi folks,I've been trying to investigate the possibility of creating dynamic scenery for a project I am working on, which currently contains a variety of custom FSDS-made ground service vehicles: however they are all static. I would like to animate this scenery, to add movement of the vehicles.Here's a screenshot of one of the objects:http://www.fshungary.com/projects/bfa2003/...d_002_small.jpgTherefore I've researched possibile tools to build dynamic sceneries but I've run into some problems.Busy Objects: this tool supports only gmax at this time. I wish I had the time to use gmax, but this project is already very slowly developing.DOD: Well this seems to be the most convenient tool so far. Creating the path using FLTREC for FS2002, I am next looking for a way to import a custom object for animation to DOD, which is designed using FSDS. I also obtained dynkit, however run into problems when trying to import the new object as mdl or bgl.I would be deeply appreciative for some help or advice, on how to create a dynamic scenery from such FSDS models. I'd also be greatful if someone could help me out on how to make the above work with DOD.Thanks alot in advance.Regards,Zoltan HegedusBudapest, Hungary

Guest luissa

Hi,I made a FollowMe car as a dynamic object using FS98 SCASM instructions (they work on FS9). The model was created with FSDS.The first part of the work is to create a library with your objects. With copy and past of parts of the FSDS SCASM output you can generated the library of objects which you will later call with a 32-bit ID in a similar way as a static object residing on a section 10 library. I can eleaborate further on the construction of the dynamic library of objects or you can read SCASM docs.The second part is to create the dynamic paths for the objects. I never used DOD or FLTREC. I define the movements as compositions macros as Moves, Accelerates, Turns, etc .. . For example I have a macro which allows an aircraft to take off, make a circuit on the air, land, in a single line of code. But sometimes it is difficult and tedious to define the paths in this way, so may be DOD is better. However by doing things manually I can add some control to the movements as in the FollowMe car which starts as a sleeping object at a parking position and awakes when the "pilot aircraft" goes through pre definied positions.Regards, Luis

Guest zth

Luis,I am having some trouble understanding exactly how to create a dynamic library of objects from my FSDS model's SCASM output code. I've read through most of the relevant SCASM docs, if you could shed some light on it in more detail, it would be great!Thanks alot for your help.Regards,Zoltan HegedusBudapest, Hungary

Guest Firestriker

I have played with this a little. I made a vehicle in FSDSv1 and exported as a raw bgl. Then using DynaKit DynaHanger, the object(s) can be put into a library bgl.Also there is a new little program called FSDyn! Avalible here:http://www.bitflight.com.ar/It is for FS2002 only but I suspect it might work for FS2004. It uses a recorded path using FLTRec 8.0.1.0 and FSUIPC.dll v2.974 and its own output profile which are included in the download. You just follow a simple 3-step process to make the dynamic scenery bgl.Lou

Guest zth

This is great! I've just compiled a path and created a dynamic truck (generic as of now) and it appears great in FS2004! Thanks alot for the information!What's left to solve now, is how to create a library file of my FSDS object? I'm afraid I have not made any progress with coverting my FSDS2 object: FSDS does not allow the RAW BGL saving option for some reason (it is ghosted out). DynKit's DynHangar does not recognize the MDL or the BGL.Thanks for the help!Regards,Zoltan

Guest luissa

Hi,Here is an extract of my dynlib file with 2 objects:Header( 1 80 -80 -179 180 )ObjId( CB5F5BCF 267300F3 022E0DB1 C0F65F5C )LibObj( PWR 100 SIZE 0 SCALE 1024.000 TYPE 2 NAME "Follow_Me_Car" ) RefPoint( ofs :A1 15000 500 0000 ) SuperScale( :A1 0 0 12 ) PBHCall( :A2 0018 ) SetVar( 002C 1 ):A1 Return:A2; next until EndVersion was copied from the FSDS output BGLVersion( 0800 ) TextureList( 0 6 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "front.bmp" 256 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "front_LM.bmp" 6 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "side.bmp"; ... skiped Return EndVersionEndObj; the ID for the second object is incremented from the one on the topLibObj( PWR 100 SIZE 0 SCALE 1024.000 TYPE 2 NAME "Lobo_Marinho" ) RefPoint( ofs :B1 15000 500 0000 ) SuperScale( :B1 0 0 12 ) PBHCall( :B2 0018 ) SetVar( 002C 30 ):B1 Return:B2; next until the end was pasted from the FSDS output BGLVersion( 0800 ) TextureList( 0 6 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "lobo1.bmp" 256 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "lobo1_LM.bmp" 6 FF 255 255 255 0 20.000000 "lobo2.bmp"; ... skiped Return EndVersionEndObjYou compile the Library file with SCASM and place it in the scenery folder. Next I will show you a "path file" which has no paths! It just places the 2 objects as if they were static objects. You should be able to produce your DOD assisted file instead of this one.Set( areamx 64 )Header( 1 34:30:00.0000 31:30:00.0000 -15:30:00.0000 -17:30:00.0000 )LatRange( 31:30:00.0000 34:30:00.0000 )Area15( a 32:50 -16:33 80 80 a 32:50 -16:33 120 120 )LatRef( 32:50 ):WFOLLOWMA CallDLibObj( :FOLLOWMA 4 4 CB5F5BCF 267300F3 022E0DB1 C0F65F5C ):WLOBO CallDLibObj( :LOBO 8 3 CB5F5BD0 267300F3 022E0DB1 C0F65F5C )Exit:LOBO SetPos( 33:03:27.70 -16:18:45.75 0 ) Heading( 267 ) Hold( 15 ) Jump( :LOBO ):FOLLOWMA SetPos( 32:41:40.60 -16:46:26.40 58 ) Heading( 320 ) Hold( 5 ); I keep the paths in different text files and call (include) them; as in the next command. Leaving the ; the object will be static!; include( follow_path_MA.txt ) Jump( :FOLLOWMA )End15Hope that helps,Luis

Guest zth

HiThanks again for your help. I'm going to give that a try tomorrow.A persistent problem I am still coming across, is that I am not able to select the 'RAW BGL Output' option in FSDS2.24! The option is ghosted out, but I am sure in earlier versions it was functional. Does anyone know why it's not available?Thanks.Regards,Zoltan Hegedus

Guest luissa

Hi Zoltan,I would not go through the ".mdl". I would generate ".sca" or ".scm/api" and would copy from the generated file the part starting at:BGLVersion( 0800 )abd ending at:EndVersionand paste in the example that I gave.You can not create a dynlib without some editing. It is very easy if you use the example I posted as a kind of template.Kind Regards, Luis

Guest Jim

Sorry for the post ...solved my problem

Guest zth

HiyaI've been pretty busy lately, however recently got down to compiling a model from FSDS's SCM output to a BGL using SCASM. Here is what SCASM had to say: SCENERY Assembler vers. 2.88 (32) Copyright ©1995-2002 by Manfred Moldenhauer, M_Moldenhauer@compuserve.com Any unauthorized distribution prohibitedError in line 2235 -> EndA -> -> Linebuffer (20478) overflow, line 19/264 truncated ! -> too many errors ( 32767 )Scasm compilation status: abortedThere's no error in the source code, it's a simple cut and paste procedure that worked fine with a simple model, this is the full detail model I would likt to export and use in dynamic scenery. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?I've been coming across a very painful problem: Abacus FSDS2 (2.24) doesnt let me use the RAW BGL output option. Does any other licensed FSDS user have experience with this? I've written twice to Abacus tech support but have yet to receive a reply from them. What could be the cause of this? (it's prohibiting me from the direct way of exporting the model data for easy import using DynKit..)Thanks alot for the help once again.Regards,Zoltan Hegedus

Guest luissa

Hello Zoltan,There are 2 things that I would like to say :1) the first thing has nothing to do with your post but an addition to the example I gave about building the dynamic library. Specifically about the command SetScaleX( :A1 0 0 12 ). The point is that the number 12 means that the Reference Point Scale in the Project Properties of FSDS should be = 2 exp ( 12 - 16 ) = 2 exp - 4 = 1 / 16 = 0.0625. If not use a different value in SetScaleX().2) Regarding the error may be you should tell SCASM that you are dealing with long files and that it should allocate sufficient space to handle your file. Add the 3 Set() lines as shown below and see if the error goes away. If it does not, email me the FSDS produced SCA file and I will try to see what is the problem.Header( 1 80 -80 -179 180 )Set( BUF 1024 )Set( areamx 1024 )Set( LINBUF 2048 )LibObj( .....Regards, Luis