Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Ground2K4 Available in Library

Just in case you have not noticed Ground2K for FS2004 is now available. Solves some of the issues with layers, etc. It adds one (may be more) goodie. You can now insert FS2004 generic bridges into you scenery. Just be sure both ends are at the same height or you get a stair-step effect. I compiled a large area that was created inder the previous version and it worked ok. Now starting to uncover some of the new stuff. Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi all.Just bumping Dick's post. Everyone will benefit by upgrading to this latest version. You can keep an older version by simply installing this newer version to a different folder.Dick

Howdy:and a big thank-you to Christian for continuing to evolve this great utility!!!One question - I noticed this warning in the readme.txt:"THE PATH TO Ground2K4.EXE MUST NOT CONTAIN SPACE" Is this new to Ground2K, as I definitely have spaces in the path to the previous version (and the Ground2K4 autoinstaller actually offers an install directory "Program Files..." that has spaces too) ?Finally, as a heads up, someone posted an interesting question in the General Discussion Forum: "Why are shore lines so difficult to edit?" I offered my opinion but perhaps others would like to join in...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=149929&page=2Cheers, Holger

Guest manny3

Holger wrote: One question - I noticed this warning in the readme.txt:"THE PATH TO Ground2K4.EXE MUST NOT CONTAIN SPACE" It means your working or data folder, not the Ground2K program folder.I had my working files in E:My filesAirportMactanGround2KData. Note the space in "My Files".Everything compiled except the Landclass file.So I moved my files to E:Ground2KData. Now everything compiles fine. :)MannyPFSG-Surabaya

I have always had mine in E:Program FilesGround2kground2k.exe I thnik that the folder that contains Ground2K is the sensitive one - no spaces. Not a hinderance.Wonderful program. I had a need to bridge between two roads of different heights and the result was an FS bridge broken into steps. I placed a very small land poly under the bridge at a specific elevation and looks great. FS provides different bridges based upon the span (length). Thanks Christian,Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest fumey

>>One question - I noticed this warning in the readme.txt:>>"THE PATH TO Ground2K4.EXE MUST NOT CONTAIN SPACE" >When I call Bglc.exe, I transmit the following general text :PathBglc.exe "param 1" "Param 2" ...The strings for each parameter can contains space(s), but the path to Bglc.exe not; the parser (routine which finds the parameters) uses space as separator except when encountering double-quotes.Who can help me to find a good solution ?

Wouldn't it help to put double quotes around the bglc path as well? This is what Windows also those when call BGLC in command prompt on a path with spaces.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest fumey

Ithas been tested in the past; I have to try again.Christian

Guest CapnCol

Sorry to be a pain but I downloaded this package and unzipped it into a temporary directory, but when I tried to run the setup file I got the attached error message.By the way, I am using version 4 at the moment with no problems.Hope you can help.Colin