Sign in to follow this  
Guest unglajo10

Fence and DXT1 with Alpha Channel issue

Guest unglajo10

Hi allI'm trying to create a nice "wire" fence. The fence is one polygon in between two poles. (Desinged in GMAX) The problem is that after conversion to DXT1 format the bitmap becomes ugly. Does anybody can give me some hints how it is possible to create a bitmap for a nice fence?ByeJ

Maybe you could try converting the texture without using mipmaps? I've noticed that the edges of some of my textures (with transparent alphas) get "fuzzy" and don't look right sometimes. Depending on the object, there are a couple trickes I use, but removing mipmaps may help.- Martin

Guest damnlimey

I would try and contact Alan Wheeler. He's done a great series of upgrades to California Central Coast airports and I've seen a very realistic wire-link fence at one of these (at least). He must have the answers.Good luckKeith

Guest unglajo10

HiThanks for your answers. I think the nicest solution is the DXT3 with 26% transparency. I will use it.Bye.Joerg

Guest JoeW

I also used a Frabric texture at a diagonal to the gray. That gave a nice diagonal texture that is visable but it doesn't register as to what it is.. It just barely visable.One thing I noticed with this is that In spot view the plane is NOT visible thru the fence, But AI aircraft is... Joe W.