Sign in to follow this  
Guest zth

FSDS v 2.24 And Tech support

Guest JoeW

I have been trying to contact support for a couple of weeks and can't seem to get thru. Anyone else having this problem?My problem is when I wrap an object using the texture from the right side of the texture, the left is what gets wrapped. See screen shot:How are you supposed to place the texture accuratly with this happening? What am I doing wrong?Joe W.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42370.jpg

Guest zth

HelloI have recently contacted tech support via the product support page on their website, and got a reply back from them in approx 24 hours.Regarding your problem, I am guessing your object is rotated 180 degrees around it's vertical (Y) axis. This can be the case if you design the object's side view profile based on the left instead of the right side. I've run into such a problem a few times, it is then necessary to rotate the entire model to avoid incorrect orientation in the simulator.Hope that helps, Regards,Zoltan HegedusBudapest, Hungary

Guest JoeW

Then I guess that I'm on their list again. This is what I get when I try to contact them that way.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42474.jpgOn the Rotation.... Whats the cure? How can you tell that it's rotated? We are already looking at the rear of the object instead of the front. How do you design the side view of a cylinder?ThanksJoe W.

Guest zth

HiTry to contact tech support through here instead of e-mail:http://www.abacuspub.com/fsds2/fsdsmain.htm --> Select 'Technical Support' and complete the online form.When you create an object (cylinder or other), it places the object correctly oriented, therefore you can simply texture it with the left and right textures. Note that if your model was originally facing the other way, then if you insert a shape, the orientation of the new object will always be reverse compared to your model.If you already have a complex model incorrectly oriented (happens if you model the left profile instead of the right in the appropriate view), your best option is to select all parts, and rotate them 180 degress, then reset the part rotations. If some parts rotate incorrectly, you may need to set their part axis coordinates to the center of the model.Hope it helps.Regards,Zoltan Hegedus

Guest JoeW

The textures shown above is not really what I'm trying to do. It just shows that even though the texture is 2 solid colors divided down the middle, If you choose the color on the right, the color on the left is what gets wraped. It doesn't matter about rotation of the object ( Or shouldn't). You are wraping an object with the texture, The texture you select should be whats wraped.If you use the left and right method to apply the texture, you have 2 lines in the object that are visable from where the textures are mismatched. In wrapping, there is only one line to deal with ( If you can get the texture to be applied right. Joe W.

Guest TDBscotland

Send me the fds file and texture file if you want and I'll check it on my set up.Simplest waymartin@fspaints.com

Guest Jim

Forget what I posted above...I tried it with a real texture and I got the same results you did...I'm not sure what's causing it. I never use wrap anyway. I have better texture control with the cylinder if I texture groups of poly's.Jimhttp://www.northern-exposure.org/sig/ne_sig.jpg

Guest JoeW

After 2 weeks of trying to contact them, I finally got thru. They say it should be in a FAQ about this. You can wrap from a horizontal crop but not a vertical. Thats from Louis. Guess I'll have to rotate the texture.Thanks All Joe W.