Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

ground2k4 saved files get corrupted!

Guest knnygar

I have a similar problem with one of my files I made yesterday.When I try to open it I get a blank screen and all the buttons are greyed out except the "new project".I allso made five other G2k4 files but they all work.

Sounds like it is time to send the LWM file to Christian....Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi knnygar.I just loaded your LWM file and it worked fine in G2K4. You might have a corruption of the program in some way. Why not backup your files, uninstall G2k4, and reinstall? maybe that would be the answer.=============Hi Bob.That error might need Christian's help, but if you attach the LWM, I could verify if it is a problem on my system.Dick

Guest knnygar

I just tried to uninstall and reinstall G2K, but now none of the files work :(This is how it looks after i load the files;http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42546.jpgI tried to make a new file and that loads just fine.Anybody else experienced the same or is it just me??

I've never gotten the totally blank screen, but often I can't open existing files. Oddly, last night after I posted this, I WAS able to then open the file. There was no problems detected during compile, and fs didn't barf on my new bgls.OddIf its not consistent, this could be hard to determine the cause.I think this is a new problem with 2k4, never happened with 2k2.Bob B

Dick, thanks as always for your kind offer, this case, the LWM opened fine this morning.I have a "silly", but current theory. I always save my work. Still, upon exist, Ground2k4 asks me if I wish to save my work. I'm wondering if that request is a corrupter. I conciously answered no this time, used to answer yes. No corruption.Data sample of one, but I'm going to watch it.Kynnegar....do you get that prompt on exit, and how do you answer?Bob B

Guest knnygar

I have tried lots of things but no luck yet :(I get the same question at exit but I tried both yes and no with no change.I allso tried to rename, switch names and move the files but nothing seems to work.I allso looked at the files in notepad and I couldnt see any difference except for the different coordinates off course.

Hi there:could it be related to where Ground2K and/or your working directories are?I have Ground2K4 in F:Ground2K4 and my projects in separate subfolders within that folder. No problems so far with save and reload using either method.Cheers, Holger

Hi knnygar.I did change the directory and files so I could view your LWM file in my setup.0000 V5.0 (5.00) 10/12/2003 9:24:28 AM C:Documents and SettingsDick.LUDOWRDesktop4247602.LWM0002 0010 62.2525 6.0048 62.1684 6.174 62.2525 6.0048 62.1684 6.174 62.2705078125 5.9765625 62.149658203125 6.19628906250017 0 00018 "C:Ground2K4"0019 "C:Ground2K4"0020 "C:Documents and SettingsDick.LUDOWRDesktop424766210_6215_600_610.bmp"0021 899 9670030 "C:Documents and SettingsDick.LUDOWRDesktop4247602.Bgl"0031 "C:Documents and SettingsDick.LUDOWRDesktop4247602.Bgl"The LWM and the fake bitmap I used were in "42476" right on the desktop... and the landclass is set ot be in the "C:Ground2K4" folder.I open the folder on the desktop, and drag'n'drop the LWM file onto a shortcut ICON for Ground2K4... the program opens and loads the LWM.Dick

Guest fumey

HelloAfter reading your .LWM file, Ground2K attemps to read the background bitmap; In case of error (format error, file not found ..), Ground2K displays a white window.A error message will be added in the next release.Christian

Guest knnygar

I solved my problem :)I opened the files and edited the paths to the different files.I used spaces in the pathnames, and I wonder if this could have started my problems?