Sign in to follow this  
Guest jsvw2001

Landclass Assistant 1.4 Released

It's been uploaded to Avsim and should appear soon in the file library. This update changes Landclass Assistant in order to support the 257x257 .raw file format, which is more accurate than the 256x256 format previously used by Landclass Assistant. Also, it uses the great little utility, FSConnect by Russ Dirks, to allow one to capture and plot the latitude and longitude directly from FS2002/FS2004.For those unfamiliar with landclass, with a landclass utility and FS2002/FS2004's autogen feature, you can change the face of the MSFS world without having to know sophisticated scenery techniques. You can add a city where none existed before, "update" your home town to reflect growth, or populate that little island in the ocean with palm trees... For my long time users, thank you for your support...!~JohnHere is a link:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04sd&DLID=37381

Guest jsvw2001

A very big thank you to you, John! It is a great tool.Johan

Guest JoeW

Thanks John, For this program. I used it to convert the FS2002 Florida Landclass to FS9 257x257. Works great and is very simple to use.Joe W.

John,Good job with LCA! For awhile there I was wondering if you were ever going to release your new version. :-) I think it is good you did. For me the whole reason for developing my landclass program was to give people the power to make their little corner of the MSFS world more realistic, and I'm sure you feel the same. The more quality tools out there the better!Cheers,Russ Dirks

Guest HSIMAN

Hello JohnThanks for this great tool;Where must a biginner start?Are there good tutorials around?Thankschristian,paris,france

A tutorial is included in the base package. If you didn't install the base package first, you need to. It contains the tutorial, and a file which compiles the landclass into a bgl. Here's a link to it:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=15721I don't know where it is, but there's also a site which has translated the landclass assistant documentation into French. The webmaster of that site asked me for permission to do so last year, If I find the url, I'll post it here. But you can just as easily find it using google--just search for "cillis" and "landclass", and look at the sites that have French text...-John

Guest HSIMAN

Hello JohnThanks for the tipchristian