Sign in to follow this  
arno

Question to Arno about fs2004 autogen api.

Guest Daniel05

Hello ArnoI am using in a fs9 scenery your apis made with autogen objects.(This scenery ,a wide remeshed lake in south of French Alps,can be downloaded there:www.francesim.com)Obviously theses api are crashing the sim then using fs2002 .I tried to import in fs2002 the ag_barn and so on textures in differents textures folders,but the crash is allways there.Did i loosed textures or is it really impossible to avoid the crash?Thank for your help.D A

Hi,The error message you get has confused you a bit. The problem is not that there are textures missing.These autogen objects are part of an object library and they are called with a GUID (unique number). The message means that the object with that number has not been found. This is because these library BGL files are not there in Fs2002.I have done some tests with trying to determine the version of FS and only call the library object if you are in Fs2004, but that doesn't work yet. So at the moment there is no way to fix this I am afraid.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Daniel05

Ok thank you for your replay.So it seems to be nearly the same message when a novalib.bgl is missing with nova apis.D A

Yes, that is the same type of error.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest bjornhall

Funny, I was messing with the same kind of stuff here ... So, I took the Generic.bgl from fs2k4, renamed it to Generic_2k4.bgl and copied it to fs2002/scendb/generic/generic/scenery, but I still get that "scenery object not found" error. What is the conclusion from that; does 2k2 not want to read 2k4 library .bgl's? That would be a tough nut to crack ... And then we haven't even yet reached the point where we find out that 2k2 doesn't like colorkey alpha channels (or does it?). So are we screwed here, with no way at all to make 2k4 lib objects show up in 2k2? Or does anyone know some stronger voodoo we might try? :) Best,/Bj

Fs2004 uses a new library format, so it is not strange that Fs2002 can not read it.

Arno