Sign in to follow this  
Guest bostar2004

Ground2K4 - autogen streetsigns "peeking" through VTP

Hi Martin.You're probably on vacation, so you may not get to read this just yet.A few weeks ago I tried placing bridges as VTP lines, just like MS has done, only to find the Ground2k code, which we take for granted, would leave bridge artifacts in strange places. Ground2k introduces extra points to reduce the tapering effect of roads with VTP2 lines.The solution was discovered by our friend, Dr. Falko Dienstbach. He found out the bridges could be laid as 2-point lines... no extra points.This makes me wonder if the extra points Ground2K made for some of your autogen-bearing roads left artifacts in strange places... just like the bridges.===================A few of us have experimented with the code that MS uses for VTP2 roads. We may find that that code is needed for roadlines due to the autogen. We've got some time to experiment before the terrain SDK would be released... if in fact we get a new, comprehensive SDK.Something to look into.Dick

Guest GabrielR

Hi, I've been looking for this thread, as this happened to me during the development of my project, It happens when in FS9 an airport skirting is excluded with Ground2k4, somehow, Street signs appear in the middle of the runway, even though a new airport skirting is drawn or the exclude itself is eliminated... I was hoping someone have an answer....

Guest bostar2004

Hola LuisGracias por darme una pista, but this is very strange, i

Merry Xmas Gentlemen,I am working on a scenery revamp around Brisbane/ Gold Coast/ Sunshine Coast Australia using Ground2K4 & recently ran into this problem also. I am only placing missing roads, correcting the coastline & rivers & incorporating new landclass I did some months ago for coastal Queensland but not doing anything to any of the airports.I tried to post a screen shot of this problem a couple of days ago but it didn't work somehow. I had also posted on another forum & it was suggested there that I try making the ends of the roads thinner. This in my case didn't work & although I isolated the road causing the problem I couldn't remove the signs running out from it. I even tried re drawing it with a different shape & style but that didn't fix it either. What I finally did that solved the problem for me was drew it in two separate sections. This was strange as this particular road was reasonably short compared to many others I have done. Another interesting thing was that when I changed the type of road the rogue street signs changed also. Obviously related to the type of road.Don't know if this is a work around for this problem for everyone but to date this is the only one I have found in what has turned out to be quite a comprehensive project.So shortening the road into sections may be an answer.Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit