Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Elronds FS resample tool coordinates problem

Guest PaulL01

I'm not sure why, but now I am having a problem getting the coordinates right.I've used Elronds program since he made it available more than a years ago, I have become so used to it that I never think about it. But now as I am starting over from sctach with new image data I can't seem to get things right at all. Does anyone know of any old "how to" or tutorial for this dandy progie?I am using all the same programs as I always have, Arcview and GlobalMapper for Data transfer, I am using WGS84 projection and using dd.dddddddd decimal degrees for all boundries and enter the exact extents of my source Bmp before it is cropped, perhpas this is my problem? I do not recall this being an issue before but it has been awhile, Hmmmmm FSresample has the "crop image" area all greyed out as it never was added, but the inf file is telling the sdk tools where to crop....I must be loosing it! Elrond, help!

what is the symptom of your problem? perhaps include your inf file? you have the latest resample.exe? if so...go back to the fs2000 resample.exe..the fs2002 version was buggy.

Guest PaulL01

Hi bob,>what is the symptom of your problem? The resulting bgl is shifting the image data to the east by at least 1000ft N and S I'm not sure, usualy I get very accurate results if the image data is right, and the data is very accurate. I can pick out accurate image extents from GIS and that info is passed on to Fsresample correctly but the result is not right. >perhaps include your>inf file? My bmp is 7635 wide by 8684 high, here is the inf file:[Destination]DestDir = "E:OrthoTerrainElrodsResample Tool2"DestBaseFileName = "4Roch3_full_croped_sized2"UseSourceDimensions = 1LOD = 13[source]Type = CUSTOMSourceDir = "E:Ortho"SourceFile = "4Roch3_full_croped_sized2.bmp"Lon = -77.83077Lat = 43.357181CellXdimensionDeg = 5.9301E-5CellYdimensionDeg = 4.3119E-5NumOfCellsPerLine = 7635NumOfLines = 8684ScaleinMeters = 1SampleIsCentered = 0 you have the latest resample.exe? if so...go back>to the fs2000 resample.exe..the fs2002 version was buggy.>>I am using ver 1.001 from FS2k.

why not just use a 2 point calibration, makes it real easy to fit the image to the runway location...assuming this includes kroc.I always do it this way so I'm not able to help you set external constraints.I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet I wrote to make this easy. If you pick the ends of your runways for Point one and Point two then the image datum will be point one.Use -deg +min +sec format for w long as it shows in the sample data present.Good luck!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/44511.zip

Guest Checkmate

Does anybody know where I can get the fs 2000 SDKs? Every link I try gets forwarded to the COF page ( and the 2k2 SDKs).Thanks,John